Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 pm

"My gosh, you actually fought a T-rex?" Neal asked as he stared at Nico in surprise. Granted that Neal didn't know anything about dinosaurs, save what he learned from Jurassic Park, but he imagined that it was quite the feat. Having powers would definitely help, but that was still quite the accomplishment to claim. Neal wanted to ask more question and hear more, but he only got through two more stories before Rose suddenly moved in to the room.

As Rose spoke, Neal couldn't help but get more and more curious. He knew that Rose had a twisted sense of humor at times, but surely she wouldn't be joking about this right? It was one thing to get someone a little hurt at the cost of a laugh, but someone's kidnapping was definitely not a joke.

When Rose made her last comment, Neal just stared. What the hell was going on here?! "This doesn't make any sense. We saw that it was Xavin that was taken in to be operated on," Neal said before looking over at Doctor Midnight. "You operated on her right? Did you notice anything strange?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Nico Minoru

Robin

"You mean other the the completely foreign, alien physiology?" Doctor Midnight replied. He never once looked up from his work on Nico's arm. "No, nothing out of the ordinary. I last left Xavin in the recovery room a short while ago to rest. I only allowed Karolina a few minutes alone with her, right before you two called about the attacking Skrulls."

Nico knew what this meant. She let out a sudden gasp and sat straight up; the only part of her that didn't bolt upright with her was her completely numb arm being operated on. "Not again!"

"Uh... what again?" Rose said, lifting an eyebrow.

"When the Majesdanians came looking for Karolina before," Nico explained, "Xavin wouldn't let Karolina be taken. Instead, she knocked Karolina out and shapeshifted into a perfect copy, taking her place as their captive. That's what led to all of this, when they discovered that it was Xavin in beside. Damn it, she must have done the same thing here! Taken Karolina's place to protect her."

"So that means... Xavin is the one in the Super Skrull's custody, about to be taken back to your dimension," Rose said, starting to understand.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Neal listened to everything as Nico was kind enough to piece everything together. If what she believed was true, than there was no telling what might happen. Karolina had been taken so easily because she was actually a still recovering Xavin. It was crazy, but now it at least made sense.

Neal couldn't help but be impressed. While he didn't say it out loud, he was amazed that these two loved each other so much to the point where they would do this for each other. That was what true love was right? Being willing to die and take the place of the one you loved...it was incredible that two so young felt this way towards one another.

Neal looked towards Rose. "We should communicate with Batgirl and let her know what's going on. They should know what's happened before they meet up with the Skrulls."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Nico Minoru

Robin

"Oh, yeah, right," Rose said, smacking herself in the forehead. SHe then activated her ear piece to get a call out to Batgirl. "Hey, Batgirl, kinda got some information for you. Karolina isn't the one captured, it's Xavin in disguise. I repeat, Karolina is safe back here, but you still have to get her girlfriend back, you got it?"

A few moments later, a response came back. "Copy that, Robin. We're at the warehouse now, and we've found Karo- uh, Xavin. She's hooked up to some kind of machine... we're not sure what it does, but we're analyzing it. The technology is completely foreign, not even from our dimension, so it's going slow, but want to make sure that removing her from it won't hurt her. No sign of the Skrull, either. Probably hiding, licking his wounds until his machine recharges."

"Alright, well hurry up," Rose said. "Something about this doesn't feel right." When she finally ended the call, she let out a small sigh and rubbed her forehead. "Okay, well... I guess I'll stay with Karolina. Someone should be there if she wakes up. Oh, and those Srkulls back in the waiting room are still unconscious and bound, so no worries there."

"Okay... you do that," Nico said, uttering a sigh of her own. "I'll just... stay here. In surgery."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Neal was quiet as Rose made the call with Batgirl and received the information. So they had found Xavin but they hadn't found the Skrull yet. Things were turning out to get more and more interesting, which in this case wasn't that good. Neal had been hoping that they had just saved Xavin by the time that they made the call. No such luck though apparently.

Once Rose went to go watch Karolina, Neal turned his attention back to Nico after she had delivered her sigh. Neal wasn't quite sure what to say, he was guessing that the stress that came from being the leader was piling back on Nico again. She was probably thinking about leaving the team again, like the two of them had discussed before.

"Are you alright? You sound like you have a lot on your mind," Neal finally said as he looked to the Sorceress.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Nico Minoru

"I'm fine," she said, shaking her head a bit. "I mean, I'm thrilled that Karolina is okay, but now Xavin is the one in trouble, and she's still healing from her injuries. She's the whole reason we're here in the first place, because we were trying to save her, and now... now I don't know. She might be hurt more, or worse. If something happens to Xavin, then Karolina... I can't imagine what that would do to her."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Neal just gave a nod to try to show that he was hearing what was going on. "Well....that may be true, but they already found her. That's a good sign. Besides, they have Power Girl plus everyone else there. That Super Skrull doesn't stand a chance against all of them," Neal said in the hopes that it would help to cheer Nico up. "Don't worry. We promised that we'd help all of you, and we aim to do just that. They'll make sure Xavin come home safely."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico let out a long breath, shifting her gaze towards the far wall. She just sort of stared blankly for a few moments, her expression distant. "I hope you're right..." After a while, she finally looked back at him and took in another breath, trying to calm her nerves. "Okay, let's keep talking then. I need to take my mind off things. So, um... tell me a little about you, maybe?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 pm

And for the next quite a bit of time they ended up just sitting there and talking. Neal decided that he would delve in to a lot more about himself now, though he did try to keep the details to a minimum incase Doctor Midnight told Batgirl about what was discussed. He talked about his dad and sister and their relationship. He also spoke about his power and how he had been using it since finding it. HE also spoke about how he had met Rose and the crazy things that had happened since.

"And so after that whole mess, Rose and I decided that we needed to work with Batman. We never wanted to be responsible for the death of anyone else," Neal said as he was staring at the ground. "It was all pretty awful when it happened. The bullet hit her but she didn't die for another hour...and so Rose and I decided that we needed to fight in order to make up for what we did. If Rose and I hadn't talked to her, she'd still be alive I think."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Nico Minoru

"Wow... sorry about your friend," Nico said, with a small sigh. She knew what that was like, losing a friend in a horrible way. It was heartbreaking and entirely unfair. A few moments later, though, she lifted an eyebrow and tilted her head at him. "Wait... so you're seriously telling me that one of your super heroes dresses up like a bat? Oh man... that's rough."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 pm

"It's alright. The wound is just still fresh ya know?" Neal said as he kept looking at the floor. "It's harder on Rose, the two of them were really good friends. I hardly knew the girl and I still feel terrible about it," Neal said before turning his head to Nico. "And please don't say anything to anyone. Rose would rip my tongue out if she learned I said anything about this."

At the last comment that Nico made Neal could only raise an eyebrow at first. "Rough? Why exactly is that?" he asked curiously. Neal was used to Batman looking the way he did. Having been a resident of Gotham for nearly all of his life, it was just natural to him that Batman dressed that way.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Nico Minoru

"Uh, well, I mean... come on. A bat?" Nico said, lifting her eyebrows. She seemed utterly baffled that this didn't strike him as odd. "That seems pretty ridiculous... and from the sound of it he doesn't even have any powers, so... he's just some guy in a bat costume. Sorry, just seems really lame to me."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Neal gave a shrug. "You've never met the guy. Believe me, the one thing you don't want to call him is lame. If you meet him you'll understand exactly what I'm talking about," Neal said as he looked over at Nico with a smile on his face. "And come on, you have superheroes on your world, don't you think some of the great ones dress a little strangely?"

Neal suddenly had a question rush in to his mind. "Hey by the way. You mentioned you guys used to have codenames like I do now. What was yours?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico flinched a bit when Neal asked about their past codenames. Oh boy, that wasn't good... here she was making fun of a guy called Batman, when her name had been terrible to begin with too. And yet, she still ended up telling him for whatever reason. Perhaps she just felt comfortable opening up to him.

"It, uh... ahem. It was Sister Grimm..." SHe cleared her throat again, looking off to the side. "And that... may or may not have had two M's in it."

Doctor midnight abruptly looked up from his work and stared at her, saying nothing.

"Hey, it was my screen name at the time, alright? Sheesh, what do you want from me?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:42 pm

As the codename was revealed, Neal did his best not to laugh...however he couldn't stop that smile from slowly creeping over his face as he looked over at Nico. He didn't want to laugh or make her feel bad, but it was hard to not want to laugh at a name like that. Fade wasn't the greatest name in the world, but it was better than Sister Grimm.

"Did you pick that or did someone assign that to you?" Neal asked as he looked over at Nico and regained his cool.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Nico Minoru

I picked it myself..." she mumbled, trying not to look him in the face. She knew he was trying to hold back laughing. "But I mean it's not really my fault, I just didn't care about it. I thought the whole codename thing was stupid to begin with so I just picked the first thing I thought of whenever everyone else wanted me to come up with something. We got rid of them like a month later."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 pm

"Kinda dangerous though isn't it? To let people know what your real names are?" Neal questioned as he looked at Nico curiously. As far as he knew all superheroes had a secret identity. How was it that they could survive without hiding their identities at all. They didn't even wear masks, and it let everyone know what they actually looked like even.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico just shrugged. "It's not like we have any loved ones to protect with a secret identity. All we have are each other, after all. We don't really stay in one place long, either, so there's no real way for anyone to track us down to a place of residence. Besides, we're not exactly 'heroes' in the sense that you think. We don't go out looking for trouble to stop, we just... help out when something shows up and we happen to be around. For the most part we just try to keep to ourselves."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:57 pm

"I suppose that you make a good point, but it sounds like trouble finds you quite frequently," Neal remarked as he thought about everything that they had been through today alone. "If this is what happens to you guys in one day, I can only imagine what one week of your guys' lives must have been like. You've had it pretty rough it sounds."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:03 am

Nico Minoru

"You have no idea," Nico replied, with a slight roll of her eyes. Then, she glanced over at Doctor Midnight. "How's it coming over there?"

"Almost done," he replied. "Just reattaching the last of the torn ligaments, then I just have to stitch it up. You'll have a few scars left over, but at least your arm will heal properly."

"I think I can live with a few scars," she said, with a small sigh. "I've been through worse, anyway. This one time--"

CRACK!

Suddenly, the wall behind them exploded inward in a shower of plaster and rubble. Doctor Midnight fell backward across the room, while Nico flew from the seat, crashing through the floor. Her arm, though numb, was still cut open and now leaking blood freely without the doctor's care.

"What the hell!" Nico shouted, looking quickly back up behind them.

Standing there in the newly created hole... was the Super Skrull.

"Did you think you could fool me? I know the one I took was not Karolina Dean," he said, arms billowing with flames. "Now, where is she?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:10 am

The wall exploded violently, causing Neal to fall out of his chair from the force and surprise alone. Neal quickly pushed himself back up, and his eyes widened as he saw who was right next to them. Oh shit, everyone had thought that the Skrull was still healing, but in reality he had just come back to get the real Karolina. This was NOT good.

"Rose, I'm gonna need you to come back here right now," Neal said in to his communicator without offering any sort of explanation. "You took Karolina, she's not here," Neal said as he tried to give any sort of bluff. Neal couldn't fight the Skrull, and Nico was still injured. Rose and Doctor Midnight might help, but Neal had no idea just how much of a difference that would make.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Nico Minoru

"Do not be stupid," the Skrull stated, narrowing his eyes. "While recovered, I overheard you talking to your friends who came down to the warehouse to free 'Karolina'. I know she is the traitor Skrull in disguise."

Nico grit her teeth, glancing down at her arm. The wound was still wide open, now raining blood down her fingers and onto the floor. Without the doctor looking after it on the operating table, she'd probably end up bleeding out in minutes. "Damn it," she mutttered, making a grab for her staff. When she had it in her hand, she added, "Close the wound."

Instantly, her flesh knitted back together. No more bleeding, and no more open wound. The problem was, she hadn't actually used a healing spell, always wanting to save it for something more important, which meant that arm was still useless. But at least she wouldn't bleed out, and the doctor could always continue the surgery later.... assuming they survived this.

Then, she looked back to the Super Skrull and glared. "What did you do to Xavin? I swear if that machine you hooked her up to hurts her..."

"She is still alive," the Skrull replied. However, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small device with a button on it. "However, she is also my hostage." He turned to Neal (who still hadn't received a response from Rose, yet) this time. "I want you to tell your friends still trying to get Xavin out of the machine that if any of the wires are removed from her without deactivating it first, it will kill her. Furthermore, if any of them should return here to try and help you right now, I will push this button and blow her head from her body."

"You bastard!" Nico growled, fingers tightening on the staff.

"However, you can free her," he continued. "Hand over Karolina Dean and Xavin goes free. Or you could try to fight back, in which case I will push this button, kill both Xavin and all of you, and then take Karolina by force. Now that my dimensional transport machine has recharged, I no longer have a reason to waste time... so make the wise choice."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 pm

"Damn," Neal muttered as the Skrull clearly had heard everything that went on. Neal didn't actually think that it had work, but it would have been nice to have such a simple solution to such a bad problem. A Super Skrull being only a few feet away from you was definitely one of the worst situations Neal had ever faced.

No, it was definitely the worst.

Neal heard everything else that the Skrull said, and he couldn't afford to wait. The Skrull may have been bluffing about the device being rigged, but Neal couldn't risk that. He quickly activated his communicator. "Batgirl! Don't remove any of the wires from the device that Xavin is in," he said quickly to make sure she heard it before they did anything. "The Skrull is here with us and he told us that he rigged it. He also has a button that he says will blow up Xavin should any of you try to come back and stop him from getting Karolina...he's not joking," Neal said before he ended the transmission.

His eyes stayed on the Skrull the entire time. All the while he was trying to think of some sort of a plan. He could try to cast an illusion, but if the Skrull thought that anyone was trying anything he might just blow up Xavin. Not only that, this Super Skrull could probably still kill all of them. All they had was Nico with her broken arm, Neal, Rose, and Doctor Midnight. Neal didn't even know what that guy could do.

"Nico, this is your team....you have to decide what to do," Neal said as he looked over very briefly at the young witch.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Nico Minoru

"Damn it..." Batgirl responded, coming in over Neal's earpiece. "Power Girl and Victor managed to figure out something was up with this machine, and they've been trying to deactivate it for the past few hours without any luck. They were going to start examining the wires next... alright, just- just hang on, we'll figure something out."

Not exactly reassuring.

Nico shuddered softly, taking in slow breaths as she considered the situation. Things were so far from in their favor it wasn't even funny. But how was she supposed to make a decision like that? Xavin or Karolina? It was like asking a parent which of their kids gets to live and which gets to die. Sure, she had been friends with Karolina much longer than she had with Xavin, but that didn't mean she was ready to sacrifice Xavin for it. Not only that, she might as well be sacrificing her friendship with Karolina in the process if she did that.

But what the hell was she supposed to do?

"I... I don't..." Nico said, in barely more than a whisper. Her throat felt so dry... "I can't just... I don't know what to do."

"Well?" The Skrull said, holding the device up. His thumb was inches from the button. "I'm waiting."

"Wait on this!" another voice responded. Suddenly, a red and black projectile spun through the air, curling around Neal's head and nailing the backside of the device in the Skrull's fingertips. The device flew through the air, heading straight for Doctor Midnight, who made a desperate dive to catch it.

"No!" the Skrull exclaimed, already starting to make a move for Doctor Midnight. But a white haired figure suddenly leaped up over Neal and Nico's heads, twirling a pair of electrically charged batons in her hands. The Skrull was so preoccupied with the fallen detonator that he didn't react in time. The batons struck him square in the side of the head, stumbling him back a step as lightning coursed through his body.

"Choke on that, alien freak!" Rose said, winding up for another attack. Unfortunately, the Skrull's hand morphed into a massive stone fist and walloped her square in the chest before she could get out of the way. In the process, she flew backwards, smashing through the X-ray machine, through the wall, and then through a second wall beyond.

"That's it..." the Skrull growled. "You're all dead."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:49 pm

As he waited for Nico to speak, Neal felt like his heart was beating to the point where it was going to burst. The tension was too strong. Nico had to basically choose between two of her friends right now, as both of them looked like they could be dead based on what happened in the next few minutes.

Luckily, Rose had enough stones to attack the Skrull head on despite what he had said. It seemed to have worked too, as the attack struck the Skrull and also managed to knock the device from his hands. Perfect, especially once Doctor Midnight seemed to have caught it in his hands.

There was still a giant Super Skurll to deal with, but at least they were getting somewhere.

When Rose was shot through two walls, Neal was painfully reminded about just how strong this guy was. They weren't done yet. "Everyone run!" Neal shouted as he focused on the Skrull's mind and made everyone in the room go invisible. They needed to buy some time and come up with a way to defeat this guy. The last time that Neal had used his illusions there had been snow to give them away, but there wasn't any snow in the office this time.

Neal just hoped that his trick worked to help Doctor Midnight escape. Given the device was in his hands, surely the Skrull would be on him the moment that he could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next