Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Next Generation

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

The Next Generation - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Walters shifted his stance again, then held his hand out for Neal to shake. "Welcome aboard, then." He turned back to everyone else and just looked around at them for a moment. "Well, what are you all waiting for? Get ready! We move out at oh-seven-hundred, sharp!" The group instantly got up and began heading to their stations, preparing to head out and initiate the plan on San Francisco. Colonel Walters himself went to go make sure all their gear was ready, as well as their transportation.

Blade moved across the tent and stood in front of her dad, just looking up at him in confusion. "What are you doing? You know you don't have to come along, I'm perfectly fine of taking care of myself. Besides, you just got here yesterday... why so eager to jump into the fighting?" She actually sounded a little concerned... there was something else that she wasn't telling him, some other reason why she was so surprised that he was coming along with them.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Neal waited curiously, trying to see if Walters was going to accept him on board if he was going to play it safe and not have Neal along. After all, he had never met Neal so he didn't have any reason to trust him. He was just as likely to accuse Neal of being a spy rather than an ally. It was what made Neal relieved when Walters extended his hand. "Good to be aboard sir, I won't let you down," Neal said as he watched Walters move to order the others trips around.

Neal turned his gaze as he saw a familiar head of white entering into his vision. It was Blade, questioning why he was jumping into the fighting so quickly. "Bravo Team has an important job, and my skill set will be perfect in helping you capture this woman and making her talk," Neal said before gaining a small smile. "Besides, this is my home now too. And I'll be damned if I stand around while Deathstroke and his lackies tear it to pieces," Neal said seriously.

"What? Don't think that I can handle myself?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Blade fidgeted a little in place, maintaining her eye contact for a moment. Eventually, she held her arms around herself and shifted her weight, looking off to the side. "No, right, I mean of course you can, I was just..." Her words trailed off and she simply shook her head. "Uh, never mind, sorry, was just being stupid. I'm gonna... go sharpen my swords before we head out. I guess I'll see you soon." She gave him another odd look, then hurried off out of the tent.

Starfire approached him next, watching Blade leave before turning her attention fully to him. "I wish you luck with Bravo Team," she said, giving him a friendly nod. "I know you can handle yourself, but these are very different times. If I have come to learn anything over these past years, it is that anything can happen. Just try to be safe." She smiled slightly, then leaned forward and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, for luck. "Hopefully we will both see each other later."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Neal raised an eyebrow as Blade seemed to be unable to form the words that she wanted to have come out of her mouth. What exactly was she trying to say? Neal was about to ask before Blade made a quick excuse that she was being stupid before insisting that she needed to go sharpen her swords. Neal just watched after her curiously, there was something that she wasn't telling him.........he just wished that she would say it to his face. If it was what Neal was hoping for, it would mean so much for him to hear it.

Neal came out of his thoughts as Starfire approached him and began speaking to him. "Oh, yes thank you Starfire. I'm sure that our team will be able to perform well, plus it'll allow me to keep an eye on Blade.......don't tell her I said that," he said with a small whisper as he smiled in Starfire's direction. As a parent herself he was certain that Starfire would understand his concern. "Thank you for your concern Starfire, and don't worry I'll make sure that we're careful," he said before his eyes widened when she kissed his cheek. He smiled right back at her. "We will see each other soon, there's no doubt in my mind about it," Neal said before slipping on his helmet. "I'm going to go get ready myself, good luck out there Kory," Neal said before turning and walking out of the tent in the direction that Blade had left.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:47 pm

"Everyone, wait for confirmation," Blade said, looking through her binoculars.

She was keeping a close eye on the designated strike point for Alpha Team, an old construction site near the east end of the city. Once they raised a disturbance, most of the Suicide Squad would come running to deal with the attackers. Once that took place, she would lead Bravo Team into the Cadmus building. Bravo was currently positioned just a hundred yards from said building, in a large, windowless van, waiting for her orders. Lying prone on the top of a nearby building, she was speaking with them over her headset.

Ten men, that's how much they had in addition to herself, Wylde, and Fade. Hopefully, it would be all they needed. The regular building security guards would be simple enough to deal with; it was the members from the Suicide Squad that remained behind, which would be the challenge, especially the unknown factor of which ones they would have to deal with. That's why they'd gone over and studied each member extensively. They would be ready for whoever they had to face.

A short few moments later, a large explosion detonated over at the construction site. "That's Alpha. Wait until initiation," Blade said, still watching, as a black plume of smoke began to rise into the air.

"They're here," Starfire said over her headset, shortly after. "Shade has teleported them in. With him is Bane, Poison Ivy, and Doctor Light."

"Which leaves Plastique, Vertigo, and Killer Frost for us," Blade said, nodding slowly to herself. "Alright, Bravo Team, move out. Wylde, take us up to the roof."

Within seconds, Wylde transported them all tot he top of the Cadmus building, just outside the access door. "We will attempt the stealth approach for as long as we can, but should an alarm be raised, then our goal is speed, not subtly. Is everyone ready?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Neal sat in the van, listening to Blade speak as she was scouting out how Alpha's attack and plan was working out. By making sure the enemy took the bait, Bravo Team could ensure that they had better knowledge to attack the Cadmus building. Along with that they would also know which members of the Suicide Squad were left, it'd at least give them something to start planning. Neal kept holding his head set close to his head, wanting to be able to act in case something went wrong. He especially wanted to get moving if Blade herself was in trouble.

"Roger that," Neal said mostly to himself as he heard the explosion and heard Blade mentioned to hold their position for the time being. Hopefully they would get some valuable information soon, and it was only a minute later that Starfire reported back on who was there. That would leave Plastique, Vertigo, and Killer Frost for them to deal with.

As Blade confirmed that they were ready to move forward, Neal stood up and looked over at Wylde who was going to teleport them up. It was a familiar sensation for Neal, as Raven had teleported him several places before when they worked together. They were on the roof in no time, all thirteen of them. With luck it would be plenty to deal with whatever forces were left in this building.

"Stealth first, if discovered switch to speed. Simple enough," Neal said as he looked over at Blade and gave her a nod. "Lead the way Blade"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Before they entered into the main hallway of the top floor of the building, Blade held her hand up for the group to stop. "Wylde, take care of the cameras," she said.

Wylde, closed his eyes, expelling his consciousness out of his body and into the hallway. He quickly located all the security cameras situated in their direct path and severed the video feeds with his soul-self, without them seeing anything. When his consciousness returned, he gave a simple nod, indicating that things were all set. "Cameras taken care of, and there are three security guards, on outside this door, and two by the elevator.

"Alright, on my mark," Blade said, moving her hand slowly to the door knob. She silently turned it and slowly pulled it inward, glancing into the hallway. The security guard stood with his back to them. She gave a hand signal to the front two soldiers of the group, making sure they knew what to do.

Reaching forward, she suddenly grabbed the security guard and pulled him straight back into the roof access stairwell, one hand over his mouth and the other around his head. In one quick jerk, she snapped his neck and placed the body down quietly. The two soldiers she had signaled before moved out into the hallway and aimed towards the elevator. The two remaining guards, who were moving to investigate the disappearance of their colleague, suddenly froze and went for their own guns. But they were taken down with one silenced shot shot each.

"I want five going down the left stairwell, and five going down the right," Blade explained. "The three of us will take the elevator; Waller's office is on the twentieth floor, so let's move quickly."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Neal stopped immediately when Blade gave the order to stop. He wasn't sure how truly combat experienced his daughter was, but she was the leader on this mission and he wasn't going to do anything to mess that up. If she wanted them to stop, he'd stop.

Neal watched as Wylde easily took care of the cameras. If anyone was checking them they would know something was up, but they'd have no idea what exactly to prepare for. That might be enough of an advantage to win this battle and capture their enemy. Once they got their hands on her, Neal would make sure that she didn't have anywhere to run to. His power would make her talk, and if it lead them to Slade Neal probably wasn't even going to feel bad about it.

It was what happened next that caused Neal to flinch for a moment. Blade had grabbed the man and broken his neck so easily. Neal had forgotten that they were at war now, they weren't just vigilantes that were protecting the cities. They were fighting for survival and to stop Slade, killing was alright here just like it was in the future where Darkseid took over everything. Still it was hard for Neal to see, especially coming from his own daughter.

Neal got in the elevator as Blade instructed that the two of them and Wylde would be taking it. It was most likely so that they could take out as many of the enemy as possible before the other ten men showed up. Against people like the Suicide Squad it was going to take a bunch of heroes to take them on. Once they were in the elevator Neal drew his sword and extended it fully. "Let's take these guys down quickly"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm

"What are we dealing with, Wylde?" Blade asked, as the elevator descended. They were currently at the fortieth floor.

"I've already eliminated the cameras on the twentieth," he explained, his eyes closed. "I'm detecting another two security guards outside the elevator doors, and another four outside of Waller's office at the end of the corridor. No sign of the Suicide Squad yet."

Blade took a second to think, coming up with her plan in seconds. "Alright, Wylde you take care of the two right outside, I'll stun the four down the hall. Ne... uh, Dad, you neutralize those four when they're stunned. We'll make sure the hallways is secure and wait up for the rest of the team before proceeding."

"Understood," Wylde declared, opening his eyes again. When the elevator finally reached its destination and opened, he extended his hands forward, sinking them right into the backs of the guards' heads as though reaching into water. Both men let out a startled gurgling sound before dropping lifelessly.

At the same moment, Rose removed one of the flash bang grenades from her belt and tossed it down the end of the corridor. It detonated right in front of the other four guards, disorienting them. As an added safeguard, she also invaded their minds with her telepathy; the mental attack would make them feel as though their skulls were splitting open.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Neal just stood quietly and listened as Wylde explained what exactly they were going to be dealing with next. It didn't sound too bad, it was just six men. Sure they had guns, but they were heroes and they were going to have the drop on them easily. A gun was good, but it wasn't much in comparison to what the three of them were capable of.

"Roger that Blade, those four men won't know what hit them when I'm done with them," Neal said with a nod to show that he was clear with the plan. It was simple enough but also an important one. Wylde hadn't located any of the Suicide Squad yet, which probably meant that they were in the office with Waller. It wasn't a bad thing, but it meant that they would all know that someone was coming.

As the elevator opened Neal watched as Blade and Wylde both attacked in order to stop their targets. Wylde defeated his easily, and Rose threw her flash bang grenade. The moment that it activated Neal rushed forward, getting right on top of the guards within seconds. He had placed his sword away, as there was no need to kill these men just yet. Instead he unleashed a flurry of blows in several key locations. He started by smashing several ribs, stomping on knees to stop the men from moving, and even launching one man's face directly into the wall.

Neal looked at the men as they were all out-cold on the ground. "I don't think they're getting up anytime soon. Area secure," Neal said as he looked over towards Blade and Wylde.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:13 pm

"They'll have heard that," Blade said, walking forward out of the elevator. "Wylde, what is the situation inside the office?"

"I can't tell," he admitted, shaking his head. "I don't know what's causing it, but something is blocking my presence from that room."

Blade frowned. "Well, apparently the security on her office is a little more advanced than average. In that case, we prepare for a breach when the rest of the team arrives."

The soldiers arrived a short few moments later, all moving into position and lining up just outside the door. Blade had her swords drawn and ready, standing at the center of the doors, while Wylde stood just behind her. Two soldiers of their team were at either side of the door, their hands on the handles, waiting for the signal.

"Breach on my mark," Blade said. "Three... two... o-"

Boom!

The doors of Waller's office suddenly exploded outward, all the force erupting into the hallway and sending everyone on the other side flying into the air.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:19 pm

"Yeah well a flash bang grenade tends to get some attention," Neal pointed out. Besides there was no way to take out all six men without causing some sort of ruckus. The hallway was too concentrated and the office too close, they probably had the men set up for something like this.

Neal stood with Wylde and Blade as the rest of the team showed up and prepared several charges in order to blow up the door. They were at least going to make one hell of an entrance, that was until someone beat them to the punch line of the joke.

The explosion shot the men backwards, filling up the hallway with the force of the explosion. Neal had been more towards the back, but even he was knocked off of his feet by quite a bit. He landed on his back, sliding a distance before finally stopping. He pushed himself up to his feet, coughing as smoke filled the room. He looked towards the door that had blown up, trying to see who exactly had blown up the door.

Given what they knew about the enemy only one person could be responsible, Plastique. "Blade, Wylde, you two alright?" Neal asked before letting out another cough.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:28 pm

"Fine... just fine..." Blade muttered, scrambling back to her feet. The two men that had been right up against the door were clearly dead, and most of the others were slow to get up. Only she, Wylde, and Neal really seemed to be alright from the blast.

"Oh no, don't get up," a voice said, one with an unidentified Middle European accent. A man dressed in a gaudy green costumed stepped through the smoke filling the hallway and held a finger to a strange device at his ear. Immediately, the entirety of Alpha Team was hit with a disorienting sense of vertigo so strong that several of the men rolled over and vomited.

Blade fell to one knee and held a hand to her face, groaning as she suddenly felt sick to her stomach. The entire room was spinning and rippling, like she'd just been on the merry-go-round from hell. "Count... Vertigo..."

"Ah, you know my name, I'm flattered," the man said with a bow.

"And you can thank me for the fireworks," a female voice stated, as Plastique stepped into view. She walked up to one of the downed soldiers and dragged her finger along the floor in a circle around him. A few seconds later, the entire section of floor exploded, obliterating the man caught inside.

"Frost, go ahead and put them on ice," Vertigo said, maintaining his disorienting effects on them.

A frosty blue woman flew out into view, holding up her hands. She grinned a very deranged grin. "My pleasure," she said, firing a blast of cold out at Alpha Team, instantly icing over everything in her path.

If not for Wylde somehow managing to put a shield up around himself, Blade, and Neal, they would have been flash frozen in seconds. He would have saved more if he could, but with his head spinning, he could barely accomplish even this.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Neal watched as Wylde and Blade picked themselves up, apparently it was only the three of them that weren't completely downed by the explosion. The two men that were right by the door had been completely killed, but the rest of the men were also completely worn out. It had been like standing near a grenade. They weren't killed, but the after effect was still apparent.

Neal glanced up as a man showed up out of the smoke. Before Neal could do anything he began to feel his head cycle and spin. He grabbed it, as if it would help him from feeling the pain that Vertigo was causing. So this was what the guy was capable of, no wonder he was a part of the Suicide Squad. Everyone could feel vertigo, and its effects were extremely damaging.

Plastique and Killer Frost revealed themselves a moment later, with the former blowing up one of their men right in front of them. Bitch, she was going to pay for that. Killer Frost tried to freeze them all in place, but thankfully Wylde was able to pull up his shield. Everyone else was caught in it, but the three heroes still stood.....but they had the significant disadvantage in this fight. They'd have to work together if they were going to win this.

Neal was tempted to cast an illusion, but he wasn't sure how well he could concentrate while this Vertigo was going on. "Blade, use your telepathy on Vertigo. I'm going to try to make him feel some pain, if we work together we might be able to overpower him since it's two on one," Neal quickly suggested. Wylde couldn't hold up forever after all, and they would all fight better once the Vertigo was away from their minds.

Assuming that Blade agreed, Neal quickly began to focus on Vertigo with his mind, coming up with the simplest ways to make him feel pain possible. He just needed him to hurt, that was all Neal needed.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:47 pm

"If I can... concentrate..." Blade muttered, holding both of her hands to her head. She had to get a grip so she could use her telepathy, which was no easy task with everything spinning around her. Closing her eyes helped a little, at least not being able to see the effects that she could feel. That little bit was all she needed, finding her way into Count Vertigo's mind a moment later and blasting it with every bit of mental force that she could muster.

Almost immediately, the vertigo effects dwindled, as the man yelled out violently, dropping to he floor. He currently had the sensation of his brain boiling, which would hold out for as long as she maintained concentration. "I have him," she said, picking up one of her swords. "Wylde, give me an opening."

Now able to concentrate much better, Wylde was standing now, pushing both hands forward and forcing his soul-self shield down the hall. The wave of black energy threw both Killer Frost and Plastique backwards into the office, while leaving Count Vertigo in the open, writhing on the floor. Blade was on him in a second, leaping forward and with one swift motion, driving the point of steel right through his chest. She twisted it just to be sure.

"Two remaining," she uttered, staggering in place. Her mind wavered briefly; using her telepathy like that always left her dizzy.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:55 pm

The plan seemed to work, as Blade's telepathy was enough to make the man cringe in pain and fall to the ground. The effects of his abilities seemed to end, leaving the three of them at nearly full strength again. At the very least they were a lot better off than they had been a few seconds ago. That was a nasty ability, and Neal was glad to be done with it.

As Wylde pushed forward with his soul-self shield, Neal took off forward as well. Blade was going for Count Vertigo, but there were still two heroes in there that needed to be taken care of. If they got back to their feet there was no telling what exactly they might do. As Count Vertigo was killed, Neal ran past Blade and straight in to the office. He reached into his pack and grabbed several familiar pellets.

As he entered the office he saw the two villains. He took aim for a quick second before throwing the pellets over in Plastique's direction. Upon impact they would break into a light smoke that would disorient her, they were the same pellets that had been used against Doomsday by Neal and Nightwing. It had worked well enough on him and Neal hoped that Plastique wouldn't be able to focus enough on where to send her explosions.

The moment that was done Neal quickly drew his sword and sprinted towards Killer Frost. He turned his blade up as high as it could go, ready to cut through any ice that Frost might produce. HE sprinted right at Frost and wielded his sword in both hands before swiming right at Frost's stomach in at attempt to cut the villain in half.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Plastique covered her eyes as the pellets went off, causing her senses to go haywire. She stumbled backward against the wall, holding herself up with her arm, just as Wylde teleported right in front of her with a sharp kick that threw her backwards. She immediately threw a piece of broken wood at him, which in turn exploded in mid air between them, forcing Wylde on the defensive.

As Killer Frost returned to her feet, she shook her head and looked up just in time to see Neal rushing at her with his heat sword. Rather than shy away from it, however, she merely reached out and grabbed the glowing red blade. Instead of slicing through her body like body, it stopped cold and frosted over. Instantly, the bright orange glow of heat simmered and returned to its normal metal color. Also, the temperature of the air around her began to rapidly decrease, causing ice particles to form over Neal's costume.

"A heat based weapon?" Frost said, with an amused smirk. "You must be joking. I absorb heat, you moron." A much thicker layer of ice began to travel down the blade of his sword, working to spread its way up his arm.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Neal had no idea how to react when Killer Frost merely grabbed the weapon instead of blocking or dodging it. This blade had cut through a lot of things before, and Neal had never seen anything stop it yet. If it wasn't for the fact that this person wanted Neal dead, he would have been extremely impressed with her ability. To have her ice powers be strong enough to stop the heat she must have been very skilled.

Neal looked up as she insulted him. He knew that she used ice, he didn't realize that she could absorb heat to this level though. Neal quickly let go of the blade and leaped away from her, not wanting to get completely frozen by her powers. "Good thing I'm not a one trick pony then," Neal said as his eyes fixed on the women. Frost would begin to see her skin changing color, from the blue to a bright orange as her entire body began to feel like it was on fire.

Frost might have been capable of absorbing heat, but that wouldn't stop her mind from feeling what it was like to be lit on fire from the inside. While she dealt with the effects of the illusion, Neal quickly sprinted forward to deliver a strong punch directly into her face.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Killer Frost reeled backwards as her skin suddenly erupted with a heat so fierce it felt as though she were melting. She tried everything to absorb the heat, but nothing happened. Of course, she didn't know that it was because it was all in her head, and the result was a near panic attack as she screamed in pain. Unfortunately, she was still actively lowering the surrounding temperature of the room, which began to slowly ice over entirely.

"Frost!" Plastique yelled, as her suit began to frost over. "Cut it out, you'll freeze us all!"

When the punch hit Killer Frost's face, she stumbled over and fell to the ground, breaking her nose in the process. At least it gave her the clarity she needed to realize that her skin wasn't really on fire. Of course, it didn't help that now she had to deal with the pain of her face throbbing, not to mention a nasty headache beginning to form.

Blade hurried into the room, both of her swords already drawn. As Wylde was still engaging Plastique, she hurried at the downed Killer Frost. However, she a message began to play out over her headset, a message she couldn't quite make out over the static from some interference.

"..lade...ade...wa...ere," was all she got, and it did little to stop her assault, as she brought her swords down at the stunned Killer Frost. Suddenly, a mass of black shadow appeared in front of her, and a figure came out of it as though a part of the darkness itself. The figure blocked her swords with his cane and forced her backwards.

The message now made more sense. It had been telling her that Shade was on his way there. With one wave of his staff, the entire room went pitch black.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Neal watched for a moment to make sure that his illusion had taken place. It didn't matter what Frost could really do, only what her mind imagined. Neal could have, and should have, been a bit more cruel with his painful illusion, but he thought that maybe hurting her with something that she was supposed to be strong against might lead her to a greater panic attack. This seemed to be accurate, as her abilities were now beginning to affect the entirety of the room.

Neal was about to move in to try to finish the job when Blade moved past him suddenly. She was going to go in for the kill with her swords again. Neal glanced over at his own blade, but he decided to leave it for now. It was basically useless at the time being, due to what Frost had done to it. He'd have to see if he could fix it later. Course it wasn't like Neal knew how it worked, he just used it against his enemies.

Before Blade's attack struck though, someone else new showed up. A really creepy guy from the looks of it, but he still looked very dangerous. "Oh God," Neal said as he realized who it was suddenly. It was Shade, and he used his cane to block the attack that would have killed Frost. Neal started to run towards him, but as the entire room went pitch black Neal had to stop. There was no way that he could just run around in this darkness. He stood still, trying to look around and see through the darkness. IT was just so thick though.....this must have been what others felt like when Neal had made them go blind.

It sucked more than he thought it would.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Well this was definitely a disastrous turn of events. Shade was supposed to be fighting the other team, but apparently they hadn't taken him down fast enough. Once he'd gotten word that the office was under attack, he returned to aid the others. Now, he could create and control the shadows at a whim, making everything completely dark for his enemies, while perfectly normal for his allies.

It was a good thing that Blade had already thought of a plan for this situation. Immediately, she set up a telepathic link between the three of them. "Can you guys hear me? Pay attention, I'm going to keep rack of their minds telepathically to determine what they're doing and where they're coming from. Just be ready to defend yourselves."

"Understood," Wylde responded with a thought. His voice would echo in both their heads.

"Wylde, Plastique is coming in at your four, take her down before she can detonate anything."

The sounds of a small skirmish took place, with a surprised yelp from Plastique as Wylde's soul-self engulfed her and teleported her outside... the window. Her screams grew quieter and quieter, until cutting off abruptly as she hit the pavement below. Blade could sense Shade coming in at her with his his staff, which doubled as a sword. She easily worked around his attacks, being the far better swordsman, and pushed him back.

"Dad, Killer Frost is coming at you straight ahead, get out of the way!" she shouted in his mind. He had about two seconds to react before he was flash frozen.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Neal had never felt like he heard his own breathing as loudly as he did now. It was like everything was just magnified. Without his sight it seemed like the sound of his own breathing was more compared to a train wreck than anything else. He knew that wasn't true, but it certainly felt like it. If only Neal could fight Shade directly, but Neal had to know where someone was in order to cast an illusion on them, otherwise he ran the danger of affecting someone like Wylde or his daughter.

"I can hear you loud and clear, just let me know what you need me to do. I'll do the best that I can," Neal said in his mind so that only Blade and Wylde would hear him directly. They had a plan now, and alerting the enemy of that would only make them more cautious. They had to try to take them out quickly before they coordinated an attack against them.

Neal listened as the other two fought off their attackers. It was amazing how quickly lethal Wylde was. Dropping someone off of a building.....that was a bad way to die. They were on the twentieth floor after all, it wasn't going to be a clean or a safe landing.

"Got it!" Neal shouted in his mind before jumping to the side in order to avoid Frost's attacks. He felt the cold going past him as he moved out of the way, only barely avoiding the attack before turning in the direction that he thought Frost was. Without knowing where Frost was he couldn't risk launching an attack, he might end up interfering with Blade while she fought Shade.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 pm

"Would... you just.... back off!" Blade shouted, as she finally managed to work around Shade's attacks even without being able to see. If not for these damn shadow powers, she would have eviscerated him by now. Bringing her swords up violently, she felt them cleave into his chest. When the pitch blackness suddenly vanished, she could see Shade lying on the ground and bleeding heavily from his chest.

Blade immediately turned her attention to Killer Frost, who was still attempting to freeze Neal. She sent out a mind blast that brought her to her knees, then threw one of her blades to her father. "Dad, catch!" she called.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Neal had been looking in the direction of Frost at the time that the darkness had vanished. Neal looked over to see Shade bleeding heavily, clearly a sign of what Blade had done to him. He couldn't help but smile. Blade really was quite the hero, if she hadn't been here they would have all been killed. Of course Neal was immediately brought out of these thoughts as Frost once again tried to freeze Neal.

He was almost caught this time, but thankfully his reaction speed was better than most. Neal watched as suddenly Frost was brought to her knees in pain, probably more work from Blade. Neal quickly turned and caught the sword directly by the handle before turning on the spot and stabbing the blade straight into Frost's chest. He held it there for a moment before sending his foot forward and kicking her right off of it.

It seemed like they had won this battle, but it wasn't over yet. "Where's Waller?" he asked as he looked over towards Blade and Wylde.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 pm

"Not here," Blade said, taking in a few deep breaths as watched Neal kick Frost off her sword. And here she thought that he might have some kind of qualms over killing someone, coming from his time period of no killing heroes. "I was able to extract the information when I was reading their minds. Waller's already in the bunker below the building, though they didn't know why. Whatever she's keeping down there, she didn't tell anyone."

"Then we must hurry," Wylde said, making for the elevator.

Meanwhile, down on street level, Plastique had fallen on top of a car. While it certainly didn't help a whole lot, it broke the fall enough to keep it from being instantly lethal. Granted, she had massive internal bleeding, a collapsed lung, and most of the bones in her body were broken, but she still had a few moments of life left, and while she did... she was going to make those cocksuckers burn.

"Eat... this..." she uttered, coughing a mouthful of blood as she weakly reached into her belt pouch to pull out a detonator. She just managed to click her thumb on the button before everything went dark.

Back in the building, the explosives she'd pre-set on every floor began to go off, one floor at a time, starting from the top and working its way down, obliterating everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Next Generation
Page 17 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next