Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Next Generation

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

The Next Generation - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:14 pm

"Yes, it's one of the powers that I first discovered," Jordan said as she looked over at Rose. "I can do a few other things. For example, this is the reason that everyone calls me Guardian Angel," Jordan said before focusing hey eyes for just a minute. There was a small flash of light before two large wings appeared on either side of Jordan. She flapped them for a moment and gained several feet off of the ground. "I can summon and dismiss them at will" she added before dropping back down to the ground. "Along with that I can bless people so to speak," she said. "I focus my energy on someone and I can make them stronger, faster, tougher. I can do it to basically anyone, but it affects my own ability when I do it," she admitted.

"That's why the name Guardian Angel came about. I can help everyone else fight, but I can do little to help myself"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:18 pm

"Woah..." Rose muttered, when the big white wings appeared. Well, she definitely fit the angel description alright. Moving closer, she inspected the wings closely, even going so far as to poke at them a couple of times. The feathers were so soft... At the mention of making people faster and stronger, or generally enhancing a person's overall abilities, she lifted an eyebrow. Now that definitely sounded cool. "So you're like a super charge battery with super healing? Far out. Girl, you may not be able to do a whole lot of punching, but you're definitely awesome."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 pm

"Uh...........I think Guardian Angel is a better name but yes that's the basic summary of it all," Jordan said with a small smile. The poking or touching of her wings used to bother her, but not anymore. She realized that people only did it because they thought that it was cool. And why would that action bother her, it was basically a sign of endearment. "Well you're too kind. I just wish that I could do more myself. I've been training for years but I'm not as physically strong as most of the members of the League, and I can almost never handle anything major by myself. I'm definitely no Wonder Woman"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:26 pm

"Well, I'm sure you're just as valued a team member as someone like Wonder Woman," Rose said with a small grin, giving her a pat on the back. Seriously, this was so friggin surreal and awesome. Her sister-in-law, the innocent and shy Jordan Anderson, was a super hero! Granted, it wasn't really that Jordan that she knew, but close enough. It was still cool! "Anyway, you should go help Eddie now, I'm sure he's waiting in his room to be healed, so come on, step to, let's get going!" She started practically pushing the girl towards Eddie's room until she was inside. Then, moving back to the others, she folded her arms and glanced at them. "So, she dating anyone?" In retrospect, that question might have come out wrong, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:51 pm

"Perhaps, I just wish that I could do more sometimes. Even when I strengthen people I still have to rely upon them to get the job done, because I weaken myself when I do it," Jordan pointed out. Still, it wasn't something to feel guilty about. Everyone was given different powers and abilities, the only thing asked of Jordan was that she use it to the best of her ability. No one could expect anything more of her.

Question and Huntress watched as Rose practically grabbed Jordan and forced her in to Eddie's room before asking her question. "According to my sources, not that I know of. I admit it's something that I don't dedicate much time to finding out," Question stated as he looked over at Rose. "So, was she not Guardian Angel in your world I take it?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:31 pm

"Ya don't say..." Rose muttered, when she found out that Jordan was not, in fact, dating anyone. Well, she figured she owed this Eddie something after having to shoot him down the previous night. Might as well make it up to him by trying to play matchmaker and setting him up with a girl who had at least shown some interest in him earlier. To the next question, she turned out of her thoughts and glanced back at the Question. "Uh, yeah, definitely not. Back on my world, she's just... Jordan. My shy, if a little awkward, yet totally adorable sister-in-law."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:58 pm

"Interesting," Question remarked as he leaned against the wall next to Huntress. "So many events in our world are so similar that I can only wonder if she has powers back in your world as well," Question pondered as he looked in the direction that Jordan went in. "But considering she has powers here I guess she doesn't in your world, otherwise she would have figured it out by now," he added.

Huntress looked over at Rose and smiled. "Sounds like you two have a pretty good relationship back in your world," she pointed out seriously. "She could probably use a good friend right now. Can't even imagine what's going through her head right now, I couldn't imagine what would happen if a sibling I was close with turned out to be insane"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:40 pm

"Yeah, well, I'll see what I can do," Rose said, with a small shrug. " I mean, she still looks, talks, acts, and feels like the same Jordan I know, so she might as well be. As far as I'm concerned, she's my sister-in-law, and I'll do what I can for her. In the meantime... where did that chicken soup go?" Marching off away from the others, she headed back into the kitchen, just now realizing that she'd left her breakfast behind when she'd gone out to greet Jordan. Her stomach was growling and pretty much chastising her for doing such a thing. Time to eat!
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Huntress waited about a minute before walking in after Rose. Her food was still in there after all, and she was just as hungry as Rose was. "Well I've only worked with Guardian Angel once but I have to admit she greatly sells herself short. Since she's not the one doing the fighting she always feels like she's weaker than everyone else. She doesn't feel like she earns credit" Huntress said as she looked towards Rose. "I was never able to get through to her, but maybe you can"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:05 pm

"I'll have to have a chat with her later," Rose said, while dishing out her soup into a bowl and sitting down to eat. It wasn't much, but it would certainly hit the spot right now. Sometimes, all it took was some warm broth to make you feel good. Of course, the chicken and noodles didn't hurt, either. "So, who else is still around now, anyway? I mean, whatever happened to the Justice League and a the other heroes when this whole thing started?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Huntress gave a nod before hearing Rose's question. "Well, most of the main members of the Justice League were taken out during Doomsday and Darkseid's attack. We were able to kill and stop the both of them but it was dragged out farther than we thought it would be. The League of Assassins actually sent us the information on what kind of bombs to use against Darkseid, we never learned how they knew though," she admitted. "But once we started firing them Darkseid's forces started dropping like flies. It allowed us to get in the victory we needed"

She pondered for a moment before shrugging. "So yeah, to be honest there isn't much of a Justice League right now. With most of the higher members taken out, and the League causing trouble it was hard to form a new kind of leadership. Right now everyone's off fighting their own battles" Huntress added as she looked right at Rose. "After we stop Fade, Question wants us to meet up with the other heroes in an attempt to reorganize the League. He of course doesn't want to be in the leadership, but he sees the importance of having an organization for all of us. Without it we're shooting the dark"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 pm

"Well, that..." Sucks, was what she had meant to say, but decided better than to be that blunt about it. "Sorry to hear that. Doomsday and Darkseid? Geez, talk about your bad days. No wonder most of the world's heroes were gone. "I really do hope you can pull things back together after this whole... situation is dealt with. Right now, everything is just so... depressing." Letting out a small sigh, she sipped down a mouthful of broth and then leaned head head against her hand, just sort of staring into her bowl. How she wished she were back in her world, with her Neal... she could only imagine what he was going through, with his wife and daughter probably thought to be missing or dead.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 pm

"Yeah, those were a hard several months," Huntress admitted as she thought back to the war. "We made a lot of desperate defenses and just none of them seemed to work. It was terrifying at the time, and we thought that everything would be better once we learned about how to defeat Darkseid," she said before closing her eyes. "We made a huge, last desperate attack against Darkseid. We won, but we lost a lot of people that day, including Batman who was the last surviving member of the Justice League. After we finally won everything began to go out of control. War erupted across the world, and the League of Assassins began to take over the western half of the United States,"

"Ever since then it feels like it's every man for himself. No one knows who to turn to, and everyone's just trying to solve whatever problem they end up faced with. God we could use some more people to help us.........it's a miracle that the two of you came when you did"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 pm

"Right... a miracle," Rose said, with a small sigh. Or just sheer happenstance. Whatever the reason, though, she and Blade were stuck here to help with fight until they figured out a way to get home. It was a little sad to think, though, that while she really did want to stay and help, she wished she were home even more. She really missed Neal, her Neal. "Well, looks like we'll be here for a while at least, so we'll make the best of it while we can. I mean hey, there's no guarantee that we'll even get home again at all... we might end up being here forever."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Huntress glanced over at Rose as she spoke about how she might not get home. "Hey, I might have only known you for a short time but if there's anything I can tell about you and your sister it's that you are not quitters," she said sternly as she looked right at Rose. "So forget that whole "I might not ever get home speech". For all that you're doing for us we'll make sure that you get back, no matter how long it takes," Huntress said as she placed a hand on Rose's shoulder.

"We take care of our own"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:56 pm

"Hey, I'm just trying to be a realist," Rose said, with a small shrug. "I've no doubt you'll keep trying to help us and all, but fact is there might literally not be a way back. Sure that, machine worked once, by accident. There's no telling if it'll work again on purpose, and not to mention your Neal found all the scientists needed to fix it anyway, so there's a whole great big mountain to climb. Just... trying not to get my hopes up or anything. Still, thanks. You really are cooler than the Huntress in my world... and if my Huntress is dating Black Canary." Wasn't true, but it was still funny.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:05 pm

"I don't think you can afford to be a realist in our profession," Huntress pointed out as she crossed her arms over her chest. "After all, if we look at things from a realistic point of view we can't really ever win right? Evil will always survive, until we become like Neal and begin eliminating choice," she said more to herself than to Rose. "If we ever crossed that line, I'm not sure if we'd ever come back from it. But.......I understand what you mean, and I'm sorry if I pushed it too far," Huntress said as she looked right at Rose again. "With luck, Shiva will know where they keep the scientists. Maybe we can save them from what we've learned," she pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:41 am

"Yeah, maybe," Rose said, with a small shrug. "If there's anything I've learned over the years, it's to expect the unexpected. So, perhaps there is still a chance of getting home. I guess all we can do is keep trying." No matter how small the chances seemed. She wanted to be optimistic, she really did. But when this entire world's team of heroes had failed thus far, how were she and Blade supposed to make the big, tide turning difference? They'd try, sure, but she wasn't going go in all cocky. That was just asking for disappointment. At least Huntress seemed confident enough, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:43 am

Huntress just listened as Rose spoke, not certain what she should say in response. It wasn't an easy or good situation, but they had to hold out for some kind of hope right? Who would believe in them if they didn't believe in themselves? Huntress just patted Rose's shoulder. "If we fail I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it," she said before taking her food and heading out towards the computer room where Question was.

Jordan walked in a short bit later, she looked a little bit more tired. It wasn't a huge difference, but Rose would still pick it up quickly. "Eddie's been in a lot more pain than he's let on," she pointed out. "I'm amazed he went out on a mission yesterday, that was practically suicide in his condition"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:52 pm

"Well, Eddie always has been a stubborn one," Rose said, a Jordan walked in and gave the status update on their local devil. "I'm glad he's doing okay... you do good work, you know. Even if you're not punching people in the face, you're still saving lives. Just keep that in mind, they all appreciate what you do." She gave a small smile, then sat back in her seat, slowly sipping away at her soup. "So anyway, how are things around here for you anyway? I mean, you got anyone special in your life, or what?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Jordan listened as Rose complimented her abilities, saying that she was more valuable than she gave herself credit for. "Thanks," she said before hearing Rose's next question. "Things are alright, nothing too special about it" she said as she glanced over at Rose. "And no, I don't have anyone special. Due to my malleability with everyone I don't have a specific team I'm with. The team just sends me off to wherever they need me to go. Because of that I don't really have too long to get close with anyone"

Jordan glanced up at the ceiling for a moment. "To be honest, I think I'd want to date someone that wasn't a metahuman. I wouldn't want both of us to have this life"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:16 pm

"Well, I suppose that makes sense," Rose said, leaning a bit to the side and holding ah and to her chin. "Kind of difficult to do that when all the normal people are being mind controlled by someone, though, huh?" She went quiet for a moment, taking a sip of her water, then sat up a little straighter. "But what about, say... someone like Eddie? I mean, he's cool. A bit bone headed at times, but he's got a heart. You don't find too many nice guys like that, let me tell you. Most of them just want to get in your pants."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:29 pm

"Not everyone is being mind controlled, just everyone in this area. Most of the world is still free to think for themselves," Jordan pointed out. Rose had only seen this destroyed version of San Francisco, but thankfully the entire world wasn't to that point yet. They might be if they didn't do something about Neal though. At the mention of Eddie, Jordan looked right over at Rose and just stared at her. "Is that the reason that you practically threw me in to his room earlier?" she asked rather bluntly. Jordan wasn't stupid after all, it was pretty obvious that Rose must have had some other reason for pushing her in there so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:53 pm

"Uh... well, you know, I just thought he could really use your help and all..." Rose said, clearing her throat. "And, I don't know, maybe. Was just a thought in my head, really, you two seem like you'd be good together. But maybe that's just in my head, like I said..." Clearing her throat again, she tapped her fingers and took another quick sip of her water. "So, uh... how about those Cowboys, huh?" Was it tomorrow yet? Could they get on with their mission? Did she really have to keep sitting here in this now awkward atmosphere? She should have known better than to try playing matchmaker, she's just no good at it.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Throughout Rose's explanation Jordan just stared at the woman. She really thought that something was going to happen just because Jordan was pushed in to the guy's room? The fact that he was only wearing boxers when she went in certainly didn't help, as Jordan did her best to avoid situations like those. The thought was appreciated, but it wasn't Rose's place to make that kind of a decision.

"I'd like to ask you something rather bluntly if I may," Jordan said as she looked right at Rose. "If it came down to just you and my brother, the man that you've married in the other world," she began, "would you allow him to live if you had the chance? Even after everything that he's done? Even if he's fully convinced that what he's doing is right? Or......will you really try to save him like you said?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Next Generation
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next