Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Nico Minoru

"Oh, uh... there really isn't much to tell," Nico said, shifting her weight uneasily. Actually, there was a lot to tell. Too much. They'd be here all day if she actually went into detail, but fortunately nobody was that open with strangers. "Just your typical high school graduate..." Actually, even that was a lie. She had never finished high school after everything that had happened to her. "...working at a library right now, living with friends. Um... yeah that's it. And, yeah, you're welcome. Don't worry about it."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Ron gave a simple nod as Nico went to explaining about herself. "What about you son?" Ron asked as his gaze shifted over to Neal.

Neal thought about it for a moment, trying to figure out what all he should say and what he should keep to himself. "Just finished High School. I figured out that I had this power a few years ago, and a friend of mine helped to realize the kind of good that I can do with it....so now I'm just trying to help the city," Neal said honestly. "It's one of the reasons why I wanted to help you so badly. Penguin is a problem and I hope that your testimony will put him away for good."

Ron was quiet for some time. "You know I wasn't thinking about testifying at all, but with two kids like you willing to put your life on the line just to save me....the least that I can do is return the favor. You have my word, I'll make sure that Penguin is stopped."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Nico Minoru

"Whatever takes another psychopath out of this city," Nico muttered. She had come to learn, since coming to this universe, that Gotham was rife with the worst kinds of criminal scum. Maybe not in the places she frequented, but in areas like the East End it was a bit ridiculous... probably why there was a need for Batman and such. "But yeah... glad we could inspire, I guess." Another pause went by, before she scratched the back of her head and added, "So.... what now, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:05 am

"We're going to wait a bit for the ferry, take some time to rest," Thomas suddenly said as he closed the blinds and looked over towards Nico. "The people that own this place seem to not be taking too kindly to Cobblepot's crew. They likely won't get in here till we get out," he added before leaning against the wall and putting away his gun. "Once the ferry arrives, I'd like for you to use your magic to transport us all there. This early in the morning no one else should be on it except the Captain."

"Once we're across the river we can take care of Ron the rest of the way," Scandal said as she walked back in to the room. "We can get him to safety, and we'll have enough contacts and protection to hide him away until we can deliver him to the right kind of police. God knows there are only a few we can trust nowadays," she added.

"Just everyone rest up a bit, hopefully in a little bit we will be on our way" Thomas said before lightly closing his eyes. He was starting to show his fatigue.

((Feel free to have Rose arrive at the other side of the river as Neal requested))
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Robin

Rose Wilson pulled up to the docks of the ferry, slowing her motorcycle down to a stop and shutting it off. She didn't see anything out of the ordinary yet... but then things were never as they seemed, not in Gotham. Neal's call had sounded urgent, too, judging from what they had got themselves mixed up in. Only Neal could find a way to get involved in a mob hit while out on a date.

Taking her helmet off, she looked around and slid off her bike, heading towards the shadows around the lit area of the docks. It was just her tonight; she had tried to contact Batman or the others, but she hadn't been able to get through. Not that it mattered; she was sure that she could handle whatever she came across. She was dressed in her brand new Robin suit, just given to her last week by Batman. According to him, she had earned the right to redesign the costume to her specifications, rather than just using Nightwing's old one. Neal hadn't even seen it yet.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Rose would apparently have to prove herself quickly. It was only about a minute after she arrived that a sudden scream pierced the air: a woman's scream. By the time that Rose had located the source of the scream, she would come to an alleyway. At the end of it she would see two individuals, a man and a woman. The woman was on the ground, covering herself with her arms as if she was afraid that her face would get smashed in should she try to fight back. The man on the other hand wore a pair of jeans and leather jacket, the only really odd thing about him was the black skier mask that he used to cover his face.

It didn't seem to take long for him to see Rose though. Just a few seconds after she arrived, he turned and began to run down the alleyway and around a corner to get away. Apparently, he knew who she was. The woman just continued to lay on the ground, arms still covering her face.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Robin

"Figures, can't go two minutes without running across crime in this part of town," Rose muttered, as she approached the alleyway. Some guy in a ski mask assaulting a helpless woman... because why not, right? At the very least she'd have a good time beating the crap out of him. Of course, it looked as though he was going to make her work for it, as he turned tail and fled the moment he saw her. Well, at least he was smart. It was no secret around Gotham that the new Robin running around at night was a lot more brutal than the past one.

She could have just thrown an electrified bola at him, tied up his feet and watched the shock knock him unconscious... but that wouldn't have been as much fun as chasing him down on foot, which she accomplished quite easily given her enhanced physicality, and then flying through the air with a kick aimed at the back of his skull. "No so fast, creep!"

Of course, she probably could have just let him go and tend to the woman... but Rose was still new at this. Her mind went straight to combat.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:56 pm

The kick landed and sent the assailant flying a few feet away from where he was standing. He landed and slid for a few feet before pressing himself up. He turned towards Rose and suddenly seemed to straight up, as if the attack hadn't even hurt him. With a quick motion he lifted up his hand and removed the mask, revealing a very familiar looking face and mustache.

It was Deadshot.

"Hey kid, long time no see," he said before immediately pulling a pistol out of his back pocket and firing off several shots in Rose's direction. Given the narrowness of the alley, she wouldn't have a lot of room to dodge....but Rose was always quick on her feet.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Robin

Rose's heart skipped a beat when the man revealed his face. The shock rooted her to the ground just for a moment, but it was plenty long enough to falter any attempt at dodging the bullets fired at her. All she felt before the projectiles pounded dead center into the armored plating of her suit was a sick, bubbling sensation churning in her gut. She couldn't shake that face out of her mind. That smug grin, that ugly 90's handlebar mustache. This was Zoe's father... the man who had killed her. And here they were, face to face again.

Rose didn't remember getting hit. She had thought she felt the bullets knocking the wind from her lungs, but she hadn't reacted to it. Not only too stunned to dodge, but too stunned to feel the jolt of hard metal drilling into her chest. Eventually, she coughed out a harsh breath and leaned forward, glaring at the man. She didn't bother wondering how he recognized her... but then, the white hair and one eye was probably a give away.

"You..." she growled. She would be lying if she said she remembered exactly what happened that night. All she could remember was the three of them--herself, Zoe, and Neal--trying to take in Deadshot. The assassin had fired a shot... and then Zoe had wound up dead. That was the extent to what she could recall. Too much of that night was filled with pain, panic, grief, and blood to remember more. "YOU KILLED HER!"

With an angry shriek, she sprinted towards Deadshot, leaping to the side against the building to her left, and then catapulting herself towards him with a vicious spinning kick. In the process, she reached to her thigh and removed the retractable bo staff from its holster, extending it to full length. Gotham had already come to know this new Robin as brutal... Deadshot was about to find out why.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Deadshot didn't seem to take the accusations that Rose was throwing at him too seriously, he just kept up that same confident grin that he always had. He was a bit thrown off by how Rose's armor had completely stopped his bullets from piercing through her, but apparently it was made very well. He'd have to keep that in mind considering that she was charging right at him now, most likely with every desire wanting to kill Deadshot.

"You're wrong Rose, or is it Robin now?" Deadshot yelled as he leapt backwards from Rose. It seemed like he was in better shape then the last time that they had faced, he seemed more confident with Rose coming at him at such a close range. He had been in the Special Forces, but now it looked like he had been training his body nonstop since his escape.

He tried to move in close to deal some punches, wanting to make the staff's length useless at such a close distance, but he still wasn't trained to fight such well prepared individuals, especially when Rose could see attacks coming. "You threw that cinder block at me. You got her involved. Her death is on you and your friend who couldn't just leave me alone!"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Robin

"You ignorant son of a bitch!" she screamed. She took a step back, deflecting a punch here and a kick there. He was smart, trying to get in close and make her reach advantage with the staff a disadvantage. Unfortunately for him, she had more than a few tricks up her sleeve. With a quick motion, she separated the staff at the middle into two equal halves, flipping the now long eskrima sticks around at a ready position and clicking the trigger on each with her thumbs. Instantly, the other ends of the sticks crackled with electricity. "She's the one who got us involved. To stop you! You got her killed! You were a shit father and that's why she's dead!"

She lunged in again, spinning once and flailing her cape up to obscure his vision as she whirled the eskrima sticks around at his face. She could thank Nightwing for her newfound skill in this particular style.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:10 pm

"Shut up!" Deadshot shouted as he tried to continue to get in close. So far he was succeeding at putting her off her game, but she adjusted to it too quickly. Deadshot didn't expect her to break her weapon in half like she did, which apparently it was meant to do. With her cape and speed and her ability to read movements, it was only a few seconds before the electrical end of the batons smashed in to Deadshot's face and sent him back several feet. He landed on his back, but didn't seem to move afterwards.

Slowly a bit of a laugh came from Deadshot's throat as he just stared up in to the sky. "She liked you ya know, she told me about you," Deadshot said as he still didn't move his face to look over at Rose. "That's why I'm going to let you live Rose."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Robin

Rose sucked in a slow, seething breath. "And I liked her. But you her took her away!" She took a few steps forward, flipping the batons around. She touched the ends of the two sticks together and then pulled them apart, causing an arc of electricity to ignite, connected at the tips. "You're gonna let me live? That's funny. Because the way I see, you'll be lucky if I don't fry you." With a furious shout, she drove the arc of lightning downward towards his chest.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Deadshot just held that smile on his face as Rose slowly advanced towards him. His eyes faltered for a moment as he looked at the lightning tips of the batons, the ones that Rose was about to bring crashing down in to his chest, but she didn't get the chance.

From behind her, a shot was heard that would fill the alleyway as a tranquilizer was shot at the exposed skin of Rose's neck that her costume didn't cover. It was an expert shot, and one that Deadshot himself would have made if given the chance. Even if Rose dodged the shot, she'd be faced with a new assailant.

"Hello Rose," came the familiar voice. As Rose turned to see, she'd see a face that she thought she would never see again.

Zoe Lawton.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Robin

The tranquilizer dart had very little effect... considering that ROse's costume very clearly protected her neck, as well. Given the poor lighting of the darkened alley, however, it could have been easily overlooked. However, the attack did give her pause, stopping her eskrima sticks inches from Deadshot's chest. Slowly, she reached up with one hand and plucked the dart out of the ribbed neck of her costume. She stared at it a moment, then turned around. She didn't know whether she was surprised or... or if she should have been expecting this in some sort of twisted, messed up way.

"Zoe..." she uttered. "You... you're..." She glanced down at the dart again and swallowed, then took a step backwards, looking back and forth between the two Lawtons. "How are you-- what's... what the hell is going on?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 2:18 am

(Well, that was flat out my bad on that one xD That's what I get for posting in a rush)

Zoe had already discarded the gun that she had been using, as it was only meant for non-lethal purposes and pulled out a different weapon. Her aim seemed to stick on to Rose though, and her eyes didn't leave the masked girl's. "Hi Rose," she said as she began to walk forward. "Been quite a while since you saw me die hasn't it? I've had a lot of time to think about the state of our relationship....I must admit it's far away from where I'd like it," she admitted before firing two shots near Rose's feet.

Deadshot took this time to quickly right himself and stand up, pulling out his own gun and turning it upon Rose. "Father and daughter reunited, beautiful story isn't it?" Floyd asked as he patted his daughter's shoulder who had come next to him. "She's a bigger chip off the old block than I thought...got the makings of real promise I think," he added with that grin.

Zoe placed a hand over her chest, the same area that the bullet had pierced her so long ago. Rose would likely remember it well, and it seemed like Zoe did as well. "My father brought me back from the dead Rose. He has friends that you can't imagine...friends that not even your precious mentor can face," she spoke as if venom was in every single word she spoke. "And now we are here to return the debt. Leave so that we don't have to kill you." she said as both Lawton's kept their aim steady.

"We're only here to kill one person tonight Rose. Don't get in our way," Zoe said slowly.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 2:33 am

Robin

"Here to kill..." Rose uttered, taking a step backwards. She looked back and forth between the two of them and swallowed, trying to force her heart to stop beating so fast. She didn't know whether to scream or throw up. "So you... you come back and-- and this is what you do? You're daddy's pet assassin now? You're the one who tried to get us to stop him! And now you work with him? I thought you wanted to get off that path... I thought you wanted to be a better person."

Rose clenched her fist tighter around the end of one of her batons, starting to feel anger bubble up inside her gut. As a girl who had managed to escape her own father and his ways, to see Zoe fall back again, it hurt... and it pissed her off. "Should have known... shouldn't have bothered. Some people can't be saved." Then, she wound up her arm and threw one of her eskrima sticks straight at Zoe. She followed up by reaching into her utility pouch and pulling a smoke bomb. Within moments, the alley was concealed with a thick haze, as she disappeared completely from sight.

Last edited by Kenji on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 4:42 am

"I'm a kid Rose. I started growing up, maybe you should do the same thing instead of playing hero. A wise man told me that's now how the world works anymore," Zoe said as she kept her gaze upon Rose. If Rose was paying enough attention, she would see that cold look of Zoe's falter for a few moments as if she didn't actually believe what she said. The look came back though, the moment that she had to duck in order to avoid a baton smashing in to her face.

"Damn it, I hate these bat freaks," Deadshot said in an annoyed tone as he refilled the clip on his pistol. He knew that she had come along, as they had watched her arrive by herself. He supposed there was the possibility that backup was on the way, but Deadshot doubted it. "Stay calm Zoe and don't panic....I won't let anything happen to you."

"I know Dad," Zoe said as they both began to move forward. Rose may have been gone from sight for now, but it would only take one bullet to the face to make her shut up for good. As long as they stuck together, they'd be okay. "Wait for the smoke to clear, otherwise we could be walking in to a trap," Zoe remarked.

Deadshot began to look around as Zoe kept her gaze forward.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Robin

"Shit, shit, shit," Rose muttered, as she bounded up to the nearby rooftop. In seconds, she was running across to the next, and then swinging down towards where she had left her bike parked. Not until she had the engine revved and was peeling out back the way she had come did she activate the call feature in her helmet, to contact Neal.

"You got a problem," she said, when he finally picked up. "I don't know what the fuck you got yourselves into, but there's an old friend waiting for you back at the ferry. Deadshot." She let that sink in for a moment and then added, "And... Zoe's with him. I don't know how or... or why, but she's there and they're trying to kill someone. Assassinate. Like father like daughter..." She swallowed back an angry lump in her throat, then turned down the next street and gunned the throttle. "I'm heading to the Zakom bridge now, I'll cross the river there and find a way to meet you on the other side."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:31 pm

"Woah woah woah. Zoe, but she's dead!" Neal said as he was speaking on his own communicated in order to speak with Rose. What had started as back up was now turning in to a nightmare. Rose wasn't going to meet them on the other end of the river, apparently an assassin was planning on it. Deadshot to of all people, if they got on that ferry they were going to be in a killbox. A slow moving ferry like that was going to get them killed, and Neal had to say something.

After all, they had left the building and were on the way to the ferry now.

"Thomas!" Neal shouted as he ran up to catch up with the group. Neal had slowed down earlier in order to answer Rose's call. "Thomas, Scandal, you gotta listen to me. Robin just told me about an assassin that's waiting on the other side of the river. If we get on that boat, we might as well kill Ron ourselves."

Thomas and Scandal looked at each other, as if trying to decide what to do. "Nico, if we get on this boat will you be able to protect us with your magic?" Thomas asked as he looked towards the young sorceress. "Our backup are still going to meet us on the ferry, I'm guessing they'll be able to handle this assassin themselves. Can you protect us while we're on the river though?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Nico Minoru

"Um, well yeah," Nico replied, clutching her staff close to her chest. "I mean, I'm sure I could think of something to keep an assassin away at least for a little while. What kind of assassin are we talking about? Guns?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:17 pm

"Well last time I saw him he went by the name Deadshot. As far as I know all he uses are guns, or at least those are his specialties," Neal admitted before looking over to Thomas. "He used to be Special Forces in the military. I'm sure he cant be quit deadly if he gets close to us too. His main method would be to snipe us while we're on the boat if I had to guess."

"Makes sense to me," Thomas said before looking towards Nico. "Once we get on the boat cast a spell to stop any incoming gunfire if you can manage it," he added before looking towards Savage. "Contact our allies. Let them know they'll be facing some resistance. With luck they'll be able to handle this guy without much trouble."

"I'll get on that, all the same though we should get moving. Penguin's men are still looking for us after all," Savage said before turning and starting to head back in the direction of the boat. It didn't take long for everyone else to start following her. When Savage made a suggestion it was hard to do anything else after all.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Nico Minoru

"Alright, I'm pretty sure I can manage that," Nico said, with a slow nod. She was certain she could come up with another way to protect them from incoming bullets, she just had to be clever about it. "We ready to head out yet?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9