Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:05 am

"Well you know, I'm full of wisdom," Neal said jokingly. Wise was the last thing that he would call himself after all. "But sincerely, they're your friends and I'll bet they understand. If you start to have doubts though, feel free to rant to me. I'll listen," he said as they kept walking. Upon her question, Neal thought about it for only a second. "Well, we almost came up here for vacation once, but plans got changed," Neal admitted.

"What about you? Have you been to New York City? Is this what the one in your world looked like?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Nico Minoru

"Couple times," Nico said, with a small shrug, looking around at the snow swirling between the buildings. "A few differences, though, from what I can tell. Where are we, thirty-fourth?" She turned around a moment, ssquinted into the distance, and pointed down the street. "Right at the end there, there's a building missing. Stark Tower, I think. On this earth, it's just... not there. Weird." Then again, considering that this world didn't have an Iron Man, perhaps there wasn't a Tony Stark, either. "Not really my kind of place, though. I don't really like big cities. I prefer... quieter places."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:10 am

"Never heard of a Stark Tower," Neal admitted as they kept walking. He tried to think about any sort of mention of the name Stark, but nothing was coming to him. He kept that to himself though, for all he knew it might just upset Nico or something. He didn't want to be the guy to add on to her burden right now. "Quieter places huh?" Neal asked as he smiled at her. "Tell me about it, where would you want to be if you could be anywhere right now?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico bowed her head, uttering a long, soft breath. "If I could be anywhere? With no strings attached? I'd be home... back before any of this. Back to when I was just a normal kid with normal problems, when I was just the weird girl at school with black lipstick and nail polish, and when my parents were alive and I thought they were good people who loved me. No magic, no danger, no adventures... just a slice of normalcy." Without realizing it, a small, distant smile had curled across her lips, as she reminisced about her life before everything went to hell. They were... happy thoughts. Going to school, doing homework and chores, getting yelled at by her parents for having her music blasting too high, that was what she wanted again, yet knew she would never have.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:48 pm

It was strange, Nico was smiling despite the fact that she couldn't have what she claimed to want. And at the same it just seemed like she was making Neal uncomfortable. After all, she was claiming to want to go back to the life that she once had, someone that both she and Neal knew could ever happen. Neal wasn't sure what to do, so he only did what came to mind. He extended a hand and placed it on Nico's shoulder gently. "I'm sorry Nico, I really wish that there was more that I could do to help you."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Nico Minoru

Much to her own surprise, Nico didn't shrug Neal's hand away, or berate him for trying to touch her. She knew the touch was meant to be friendly, comforting... and it was. It put her oddly at ease at that moment. She didn't say anything at first, though, instead watching as the snow around them began to slowly let up to the point where only scant flurries fell. Eventually, she took in a deep breath and nodded to him. "I'll be fine, really. But thanks."

Several moments later, four individuals approached down the sidewalk. Most of the streets were pretty devoid of other people, so this group walking straight up to them quickly gathered her attention. She looked at them as they stopped just a few paces away, eyes narrowing.. "Can I help you?"

"You are the one called Nico Minoru, yes?" one of them spoke, the man at the front with thick brown hair.

Nico's heart abruptly leaped into her throat. "Oh, shit."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Neal gave a slow nod back to Nico, trying to show that he was at least there if she needed anything. While they hadn't known each other long, or necessarily had much in common, he knew that she at least needed to know that her and her friends weren't alone right now. Even if she didn't ask anything of him, at least she could hopefully take comfort from that. "It's no problem."

While it took Neal a moment longer than Nico to realize what was going on, it didn't take him painfully long. After all, there was no one that was supposed to know that they were here. "The Skulls," Neal said to himself, not realizing that he had gotten the name wrong. He tried to act quickly, casting his illusions towards the mind of their enemy to make it seem like Nico and Neal had disappeared right before their eyes.

These were some kind of aliens though, and Neal had no idea if his illusions would work on them like it did for other humans.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Nico Minoru

"Skrulls, but close enough," Nico said, taking several steps back and holding her staff forward. "Even if that does sound like a lame biker gang. Enemies, get back!" A sudden rippling blast from the tip of her staff sent the Skrulls flying backwards through the air. While three of them hit the ground and rolled back in the snowy streets, the fourth hovered in mid-air, flying.

"Where did they go?" one of them asked, noticing that Neal and Nico had vanished.

"Fool," the flying one said, pointing to a newly appearing footprint in the snow as Nico shifted her stance. "They are still there!"

"We really need to go," Nico said, quickening her retreat. "I can't teleport us back to Dr. Midnight's, I've already done it once." She them held her staff up again and said, "Blind them!" An incredibly bright flash erupted, momentarily blinding the four Skrulls as she took off in a run. "I could handle the regular three just fine! All they have is shapeshifting. But the super Skrull is the problem, it has all the abilities of the Fantastic Four, amped up to eleven! ...not that you know what that means."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:30 pm

"Right sorry, Skrulls," Neal said as he felt like an idiot for getting the name wrong. Thankfully he had more important issues on his plate than mispronouncing a name. The four Skrull that they were worried about were chasing them, and now they had to retreat. If Nico didn't think she could beat this guy, there was no way that Neal was going to do it after all. "Let's go than," Neal said as he took off in a fun after Nico. He tried to hold the illusions, hopefully making it harder for the Skrull to find them.

As they ran Neal quickly went to his communicator. "Batgirl, Rose, anyone! We really need some help out here! The Skrull found us and they're in pursuit. I don't know how long we can avoid them," Neal said before looking at nearby road signs and relaying his whereabouts. "We're trying to get back, but I don't know if we will by the time they catch us."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Nico Minoru

Unfortunately for Neal, all the Skrulls had to do was follow their footprints in the snow. No matter how invisible he made he and Nico, it couldn't hide their trail as they ran. Leaving his comrades in the dust, the Super Skrull flew like a rocket through the air, arms going ablaze with fire. With an angry shout, he cast a molten ball in front of the fleeing duo.

Nico slid to a halt, shielding herself with her arms from the heat in their path. At this point, anyone else still on the streets was running for cover and screaming. "Shit, no good," she said.

"We have come for the fugitive, Karolina Dean!" the Skrull shouted. "You will lead us to her and give her up to our custody or we will burn this world until we find her."

"Yeah, not gonna happen," Nico muttered. "Let there be water!" A fountain of cold water burst from the tip of her staff, extinguishing the flames in front of them. Then, she turned and said, "Electrify!" This time, a bolt of lightning ripped through the air and hit the Skrull point blank, sending him spinning back to the ground in pain.

Meanwhile, in Neal's ear, his comm crackled with static before Batgirl's voice appeared. "We're on our way, just hang tight! Got a lock on your position. Rose and I are on our way, as are the other kids, soon as we get them up."

In the background, Rose's voice shouted, "Everybody off your lazy asses and get up!"

"...which shouldn't be a problem," Batgirl muttered. "We're on our way as fast as we can."

"Come on!" Nico said, continuing down an alleyway. Before she got very far, however, the super Skrull on the ground lashed out a super stretchy arm that covered the distance between them and grabbed her arm. With a terrifyingly powerful yank, he snapped several bones and dislocated the limb all in one go, dragging her to the ground in the process.

"You're not going anywhere!" he shouted, over Nico's screams of pain.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 pm

"Holy hell!" Neal shouted as he stopped with Nico in order to dodge the molten fireball that they had nearly collided with. Was this what the power of the Fantastic Four was like?! No wonder Nico didn't want to fight him! Neal's heart was beating quick, and he had no idea what he was supposed to do in this situation. He had made Deadshot hurt that one time, but he didn't even remember how he did it. Neal had just gotten angry that time, that was all. All his powers were good for were distracting, and with this damn snow Neal couldn't hide them properly.

"Understood! Please hurry!" Neal said in to the communicator as he and Nico continued to run and try to escape from the Skrull. Neal thought that they were doing well with running, right until the Skrull lashed out his arm and Neal saw what he did no Nico's arm with such ease. Neal dropped his illusion, knowing that they weren't any good now.

"Get away from her!" Neal shouted as he ran straight at the Skrull's arm that was still holding on to Nico. He ran right at it with his stun device, aiming to launch and activate it right on the Skrull's body. Let's see how it handled some of Earth's technology.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Nico Minoru

The Skrull didn't even flinch as Neal attempted to stun him. Instead, he merely frowned and gave the boy a death glare. "Really? Was that some kind of Earth joke?"

Then, he held up his other arm and formed a distorted force field in front of Neal. A second later, the force field exploded outward, no doubt knocking Neal for one hell of a loop. Retracting his arm, he pulled Nico up off the ground. She screamed again, as she dangled from her useless, broken arm. She couldn't even concentrate long enough to get another spell off.

"Now then... where is Karolina Dean?" he asked.

"Go... to hell..." Nico uttered, starting to go into fits of shivering from the pain.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Well, now Neal knew not to try that again didn't he? As he was sent flying back by some sort of invisible force, Neal smacked against the back of a brick wall and crumpled to the floor. His head was spinning heavily, and for a minute or so he could hardly think straight. He tried to push himself up, but only collapsed back to the ground on his first few attempts.

Finally, he was able to get himself back up and looked over as the Skrull held Nico up. She wasn't able to fight back, and for all Neal knew the Skrull might just snap her neck for the fun of it at any second. "PUT HER DOWN!" Neal shouted as his mind focused on the Skrull's. Neal suddenly imagined several blades stabbing themselves all over the Skrull's body, as he aimed to mimic exactly what he did to Deadshot only a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Nico Minoru

Though the attack didn't quite incapacitate the Skrull, as Neal had probably been hoping, it did to a couple of things. Firstly, it elicited a sharp cry of pain from the alien, eyes going wide in shock. Secondly, it got him to release Nico, dropping her back to the ground where she crumpled with a groan. The Skrull dropped to one knee, groaning and gritting his teeth as he endured the pain, and as he did so he innately reverted back to his original form.

"What... sorcery is this?" he uttered, curling his hands to fists. As far as he knew, that was the only thing that could harm him like this, some kind of magic.

A moment later, the other three Skrulls appeared. Noticing the situation, they immediately ran at Neal, their arms shapeshifting into blade-like weapons. But before they could get to him, Nico raised her staff with a single hand and uttered, "Freeze."

Instantly, arctic air enveloped all four Skrulls, freezing them in a solid block of ice.

Last edited by zanzabar on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:28 pm

Neal had been hoping for more, but he was okay with what it had accomplished. After all, it was far better than his last attempt that he had made. The stun hadn't done anything, but apparently his mind was far more vulnerable than his body was. Neal couldn't help but wonder if everyone was like that?

Course, before Neal could focus on that question for long, the other Skrull showed up and began to advance upon him. Neal was distracted and barely had time to react, thankfully Nico seemed to have his back. She froze them all with a spell, locking them up in giant blocks of ice. "Damn that's still awesome," Neal said before refocusing on what was important right now.

Neal quickly made his way over to Nico's side and got down. "Come on," he said as he offered his hands. "As much as I'd like to think that will hold him....I doubt it," Neal said as he looked at Nico. "Let's get out of here, I can help you if you need it."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Nico Minoru

"Th-thanks," Nico said, as she reached up awkwardly with her one good arm, still holding her staff. Manaing to help herself back up to her feet, she glanced back at the frozen Skrulls and slowly nodded. "Yeah... that won't last long. We have to go." With her broken, dislocated arm hanging limply at her side, she turned from their enemies and started to retreat again. Even the slightest movement caused massive flares of pain to shoot through her busted limb, though. She could heal it... but she wasn't going to waste a healing spell on a broken arm.

A short moment later, however, the ice encasing the Skrulls began to glow orange with fire. In seconds, it exploded in a shower of half melted shards. "Enough!" the Super Skrulls shouted, his entire body wreathed in flames. "If you won't give up Karolina Dean, then I will-gnnk!"

His words cut off in an odd, pained sound as he suddenly flew like a missile into the brick wall next to him, crashing inside. Seeing the Skrull take a hit like thought, at first Nico thought it had to be Molly, but then she hadn't seen any of her friends approach, so it couldn't be. When she noticed the attacker, however, floating a few feet off the ground with her arms crossed, Nico's eyes flickered with awe. They definitely didn't have anyone like this woman back where she came from.

"I really don't like missing my beauty sleep," the new heroine said to the Skrulls, cracking the knuckles of her fist against her opposite palm. "So you losers better all give me one reason why I shouldn't smash your faces in for waking me up in the middle of the night and attacking people in my city."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Neal tried to help Nico as best as he could, though with her broken arm they weren't exactly able to get too far down the path. Neal would have given anything to have super speed right now, nearly anything. That feeling was only amplified as they heard the shattering of the ice behind them followed by the Skrull's mighty voice. "Shit," Neal muttered as he glanced back and kept moving.

Once Neal glanced back though, both he and Nico were stunned by the introduction of this woman that had shown up out of nowhere. She had used one punch and knocked the super Skrull flat on to his back, Neal could hardly believe what he saw. He thought that the woman looked familiar, but he couldn't place it right now. Perhaps from television or something? He couldn't think of it at all.

"As much as I'm impressed by this, we still need to get you out of here and back to the others," Neal said as he glanced back at Nico. "We're still in danger."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Nico Minoru

The Super Skrull crawled out of the hole in the wall with a scowl on his face, arms burning with intense flames. "That was a mistake," he said, sending forth a stream of fire at the heroine.

Power Girl merely stood there with her arms folded, enduring the heat with no effort. She could survive a trip through the sun, this wasn't going to have any effect on her. "Oh please," she said, flying forward in an instant and knocking the alien flat on his back again. Then, she looked back at the other two, where Nico still stood in awe. "You just gonna stand there? Ge to safety!"

"Uh, right, yeah," Nico said, blinking a couple more times at the woman so effortlessly manhandling the Skrulls. She then looked back at Neal and started to retreat with him again. "Sorry, got, uh... caught in the moment."

As they ran, the other three Skrulls attempted to pursue, but Power Girl quickly looked back and fired three blasts of heat vision at their backsides, dropping them instantly in pain.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:23 pm

While Nico still wasn't moving, Neal just watched in stunned amazement as the woman power them just took the flames and they did nothing except pass around her. Holy hell, who was this girl? Thankfully, the girl yelled at them to run and got Nico and Neal to both get moving. Hopefully the others would be here soon. Even with this girl, Neal still didn't want to risk another fight with any of the Skrulls.

"It's all right, let's just get the hell out of here," Neal said as he and Nico quickly made their retreat once again. This new girl would hopefully last at least long enough for them to make good distance on them.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Robin

Nico Minoru

Batgirl

"Neal!" a voice called out. Batgirl suddenly appeared at the other end of the street, flanked by all of the others, minus Xavin.

"What the hell is going on out here?" Rose asked, listening to the explosive sounds of fighting nearby.

"It's the Skrulls," Karolina said. "They've come for me!"

A few moments later, Power Girl came crashing through a nearby building, hitting the snow and sliding several feet before coming to a stop. She sat up and brushed herself off, looking back up at the Super Skrull, who was flying up in the air again. "Force fields, huh? Well, this might take a bit longer than I thought."

As he advanced on Power Girl, the Super Skrull suddenly looked up and saw Karolina standing there. Eyes going wide, he flew as fast as he could towards her. "There you are, Karolina Dean!"

"Not so fast, buddy!" Power Girl announced, grabbing the alien's legs and swinging him around several times before throwing him up into the sky. "I'm not finished with you, yet!"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Neal watched as everyone seemed to appear from down the street. Thank God, with so many more people here Neal felt safer already. Now they had more people to watch Nico to make sure that her other arm didn't get broken at least. "You guys are so good to see right now," Neal said as he looked over to Batgirl. He was about to explain the situation, but it seemed like they figured it out eventually.

"I don't think that you have as much to worry about as you think," Neal said absently to Karolina as he watched Power Girl throw the Skrull like he was nothing. "Unless the Skrulls are holding back...I'm pretty sure she's winning."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Robin

Nico Minoru

Batgirl

"But I am done with you," the Skrull stated, suddenly going invisible. This wasn't like Neal's illusions, however. He truly was invisible, having bent all forms of light around himself to disappear.

"Oh you're kidding," Power Girl muttered. She focused her eyes, switching through every different type of vision she had, but not a single one of them could locate her target. Visible light, infrared light, ultra violet... whatever ability he had, it covered all spectrums. "Everybody get back, I don't know where he's-"

Suddenly, Karolina screamed, lifted up into the air by a seemingly invisible force.

"Karolina!" Nico shouted, running towards her.

"Nico! Help!" she replied, before suddenly disappearing the same as the Skrull had.

"Holy crap, where'd they go?!" Chase said, looking around wildy.

The others, too, ran forward, looking up into the sky, desperately. But try as they might, no one could find her. They were gone.

"I don't... I don't see her," Molly uttered, as she rode atop Old Lace.

"She can't be gone," Victor said, holding his hands to his head. "She can't be."

Klara fidgeted slightly, holding onto her pigtails tightly, a nervous habit. "They took her..."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:55 pm

"Oh hell," Neal muttered to himself as he saw the Skrull go invisible. He tried to look around to see if there was any flaw in the invisibility. It was a true invisibility though, Neal couldn't see or hear any sign of where he was. His heart was beating faster again, and he stepped a little closer to Nico in case the Skrull tried to attack her.

Course, in his rush to protect Nico, Neal had completely forgotten that she wasn't the target of the Super Skrull. A fact reminded to him as Karolina was suddenly lifted out of the air and vanished alongside the Skrull. They had moved so fast, Neal had barely even seen it happen. None of them had even been able to react in time.

"Where would he have taken her?" Neal asked as he was still looking in the sky.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:06 am

Robin

Nico Minoru

Batgirl

"I-I don't know!" Nico exclaimed, on the verge of panicking. Of course, this was partially attributed to her mangled arm, which was causing an excruciating amount of pain. She was very near passing out. "We have to find her! We have to do something!"

"Power Girl!" Batgirl said, running over to the heroine in white. "Glad to see you here, we need your help."

"So I gathered," she replied, looking back at the other kids. "I don't know what's going on here, but I'll help how I can."

"Okay, think logically," Victor said, coming forward. "They had to have traveled to this world using their interdimensional transport device. But, they'd also need something to get them back. It's possible the device came with them, or they have another keyed into their dimensional frequency that can bring them back, like an anchor."

Nico fell to the ground, holding her good hand to her head. "But how to we find them? And how do we know if they're not already gone?"

"I think I can help with that..." Power Girl stated. She disappeared a moment later, and reappeared almost instantly, carrying the other three unconscious Skrulls. "I'll bet they know something about it."

Rose, meanwhile, took a few steps forward, hand on her chin. She wasn't paying attention to the Skrulls, but rather eyeing the well proportioned heroine up and down. "So... Power Girl, huh?"

Power Girl lifted an eyebrow. "Uh... yes?"

"Just making sure I got the name right," she replied. "I want to remember it."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:19 am

Neal wasn't able to add much to this conversation. He hardly knew anything about the Skrull, so he didn't know where they would take Karolina or how they would transport her. Neal also was no tracker, making him basically useless when it came to finding anyone, especially an alien race. Thankfully, at least Power Girl seemed to have a scrap of an idea.

"So, how do we get them to wake up and how do we convince them to talk?" Neal asked as he looked at all three Skrull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next