Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:20 am

Nico Minoru

"You couldn't help her anymore than I could..." Nico said, without looking up. She just brought her knees to her chest and hugged her good arm around them. What happened here today would take a long time for them to get over, that she knew.

"We should get you back into surgery," Doctor Midnight said, walking over to her. "Your arm wasn't done, and this incident has likely added another few hours to the work. I'd recommend going under this time, too, if for no other reason than to get some rest. It's been a long night."

"Yeah, right..." Nico said, with a long sigh. Then, she held her staff up and looked around at all the damage in the building. "But first... repair all property damage." With a single blinding white flash, Doctor Midnight's work and home were completely repaired.

"Well... that is most appreciated," he replied.

---

Later that day, the group was recovering from the night's events. Most of them were taking this opportunity to get some sleep, finally. None of them had taken the news of Xavin's sacrifice very well, understandably. They had set out to save her when this all started, and now it appears things had come full circle. They had failed.

Meanwhile, Rose was unconscious and lying in one of the recovery room beds. Miraculously, the Skrull had kept his end of the bargain, taking only Xavin with him. It had taken Doctor Midnight over an hour to treat her injuries, which he had to do before moving on to Nico's arm again. Karolina sat nearby in the same room, though her attention was out the window, just staring blankly out at nothing. She could barely see past the dry, sticky remains of her tears... she would still be crying, but her eyes had run out of tears by this point.

The only other two now awake were Batgirl, who sat in the waiting room reading a magazine, and Nico, who stood by one of the windows watching the cars and people go by down below, her arm now in a solid cast. She hadn't spoken since waking up from her surgery, not to talk to the others, or even try to console Karolina. She knew her friend needed to be alone right now, and so she'd give her space. She'd really need it.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:26 am

After everyone had gathered back together and been treated, Neal had tried to get some sleep. He found that he couldn't do it though, there was far too much pressing on his mind. Was this what it meant to work like this? Would he one day face an enemy who wanted revenge and would take the life of someone that he cared about? Who would it be? Clint? Jordan? Rose? Officer Reese? Neal couldn't imagine being the cause for any of their deaths.

"Maybe I'm not cut out for this," Neal said softly to himself as he stared up at the ceiling.

He gave up and pushed himself out of his chair, both saddened and frustrated with the thoughts that he was having. What he'd give right now to not feel this weak and powerless. But there was nothing he could do, except feel these emotions coursing through them.

Neal saw Batgirl over, though he had no idea why she'd still be up. Perhaps, it bothered her as much as it bothered Neal. He wasn't sure, but he certainly wasn't going to ask either. He slowly got up though and made his way to the only other person he felt like he needed to talk to. He stopped a short distance behind her, wondering if he shouldn't try to look at her face. For perhaps she didn't want to talk?

"Can't sleep either huh?" Neal asked quietly. He didn't want to disturb the others, nor did he want to startle Nico if she was deep in thought.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 am

Nico Minoru

Robin

Nico slowly glanced back at Neal and let out a small sigh, then shook her head. "No... I tried, but it wasn't happening. Besides, I already caught a few hours while in surgery." She went quiet again, then stared back out the window. A few moments later, she added, "I want to thank you... for everything you did. Even with what happened to Xavin, I... you tried. And you did help. You didn't have to, but... but you were there, and... and I'm really bad at this aren't I?"

---

Meanwhile, Rose began to stir in her bed. She let out a long groan at first as she opened her eyes, the images coming in blurry. "Uuuungh... feels like I got hit by a bus," she muttered. She tried to move, but nothing was responding. She could barely even turn her head to look over at the window, where Karolina was sitting and looking outside. "Oh... Karolina, hey."

No response, though that shouldn't have come as a surprise. Rose sighed, lowering her eyes slightly and trying to think of what to say. She'd never been good at consoling people. "You know, when the Skrull had me hostage, I... I wasn't completely out of it. I... I could hear what was going on. I know what Xavin did for me... what you were going to do for me. I, uh... thank you, I mean. I wish I could have told her that, too, just... thanks."

Still no response.

After a slight pause, Rose huffed out a quiet breath. "I didn't know her, obviously, but... you know, she seemed like a really nice person. I wish I could have known her."

Another pause. When Karolina said nothing, Rose sighed again and turned her head away. But then, barely audible even over the silence of the room, Karolina uttered a very weak, "She was... she was the best."

Rose looked back again. "I know what it's like to lose someone you love, you know. Maybe not in the same way, but... if you want to talk about it, maybe you could, um... I don't know, tell me about her?"

Karolina finally turned to look back, her expression barely changing. When it did change finally, though, she managed a very slight, barely noticeable smile. "Sure... I'd like that."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:46 am

Neal slowly glanced over as Nico began to thank him for what he tried to do. He didn't really feel like he deserved it. After all, they were good people and he had tried to help, it's what anyone would have done. He just wished that he could have really helped, they still lost a friend tonight.

"You're doing just fine if I have any say about it," Neal said with a smile as he looked over at Nico until she looked back. "You really don't need to thank me, you saved my life as well ya know? By pulling up that water. I would have been burned alive without your spells," Neal admitted before turning his body to fully face her.

"Listen...I know that we just met, but I hope that you know you can really trust me. If you need to talk about anything you can't talk about with anyone else, I'm here for you," he said sincerely.

Neal of course assumed now that Nico would stay with the group. With the loss of a friend, he figured that Nico would want to stay with her friends in order to help them even more.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:52 pm

Nico Minoru

"Hrm," Nico mumbled, bringing her arms up across her chest. She continued staring out the window for a long moment, then slowly looked back at Neal. "Can I, though? Really trust you, I mean. I'd like to..." Her eyes then flickered up to the hood of his costume and she frowned. "But I don't even know what you look like."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 pm

"Will my looks determine whether or not you can trust me?" Neal asked with a little bit of a light laugh. After all, it wasn't like you could tell the good or bad guys from their facial expressions alone. Still, he supposed that she did have a point. Neal knew so much about her, but she knew so little about him. Neal slowly raised a finger to her lips, indicating for her not to say anything. He turned his head and looked at Batgirl for a moment before creating an illusion that would make her think that Neal wasn't about to do what he was going to do.

Neal slowly reached up before taking off the hood that covered the majority of his face, and lastly he took out the eyepiece that covered his eyes from being seen. Once they were fully removed he looked over at Nico and just smiled.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico gave a smile and laughed at Neal's comment. It was a real laugh, too one she hadn't prepared to give or was trying to fake. Just a genuine, amused chuckle. It was strange to think that such a simple comment could make her laugh right now, but given everything that had happened, she really needed it. When he finally revealed his face, she held her smile and nodded at him.

"Well, with a face like that, how can I not trust you now?" she joked. It felt good to joke... it took her mind off the pain that she was feeling deeper inside.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 pm

"I apologies for every doubting your judgment," Neal said with a sarcastic/joking tone as Nico made her comment about how because of his face she could not trust him. "And thanks, I like to think that it's a trustworthy face. When your dad is a cop, you need to look like you didn't ever do anything wrong right?" he added with a laugh before looking directly at Nico.

"Sincerely though, I still got your back, no matter what happens going forward."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico let out a long breath, rubbing her hands along her arms for a few seconds. Eventually, she nodded at him again and held her smile. "Thanks... really." She reached forward and gave his shoulder a little squeeze, then moved back to the window to gaze outside again. She should probably get some rest, but she just couldn't bring herself to try. She just wanted to... watch the world go by right now.

About an hour later, a sudden crack of thunder filled the room. Batgirl nearly jumped out of her seat in surprise, throwing her magazine up over her head and going on guard. Nico turned suddenly to look at the center of the room, where there was sudden'y a stranger standing in the middle of the room. How the hell had this woman, dressed like some kind of slutty magician, just appeared out of thin air?

"Whew, hey there Batgirl," the woman said, brushing away some stray smoke coiling around her. "In case you're wondering, Batman sent me over to help with your little problem."

Batgirl blinked, her hand lifted halfway up with a batarang in her fingers. Slowly, she lowered the projectile. "Oh... uh, right. Thanks, Zatanna."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 pm

"You don't need to thank me," Neal said with a nod before Nico gave his shoulder a squeeze and returned to looking out the window. She probably appreciated it all, but still needed some time to keep track of her own thoughts. HE didn't blame her, a ton of stuff had happened today and he wasn't going to give her a hard time. "I think I'll try to get some rest. Feel free to wake me if you need anything though," Neal said before walking over to the chair he had been sitting in before and trying to get comfortable.

It felt like the moment that Neal closed his eyes he was suddenly woken up by a loud sound that came in from the middle of the room. Neal jumped up, woken abruptly from his sleep as he looked all around to find the source of the noise. By the time that Neal finally identified it, Batgirl seemed to mark her as a friend of theirs.

Neal slowly got up out of his chair and rubbed his eyes before stretching. He really wished he had gotten more sleep, but that seemed out of the window at this point didn't it? "Zatanna?" Neal asked himself as he looked over at the magician. That named was so familiar....but why?

It was only a moment later that Neal snapped his fingers in realization. "Wait a minute, I know who you are!" Neal said as he couldn't help but look right at Zatanna. "You're the most famous magician in the world. I've seen some of your broadcasted shows on TV. You once made an airplane disappear by snapping your fingers," Neal said before the realization hit him. "You're a REAL magician?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Nico Minoru

"Oh, it seems I have a fan in the room," Zatanna said with a laugh. She popped her hips to the side, and gave Neal a simple wave, as well as a wink. "Yeah, not a lot of people know that about me. I'm not called the Mistress of Magic for no reason you know." She paused a minute, tapping her magic wand against her chin, then added, "But don't get the wrong idea, by act isn't a fake, either. I only use real magic when I need to. My show is still all sleight of hand and mirrors. Let be known that Zatanna Zatarra is no cheater, either."

"Wait, so you're a magician?" Nico said, blinking a couple times. "Then you must be here to..."

"To help send you and you friends home, that's right," she replied. "I hear one of you is a young magician yourself. That you?"

Nico rubbed one of her arms and cleared her throat, nodding. "Uh... yeah. Kind of brought us to this world by accident. My staff has been a little wonky lately... seems to do more than I intend it to a lot of the time."

"Hmm, I see," Zatanna said, pursing he lips in thought. "Mind if I take a look at this staff of yours? Would help me figure out how to send you guys back."

"Oh, sure." Nico pulled out he pocket knife and went through her whole blood thing to make the staff appear, then stepped forward. "But, uh, it's best if I still hold on to it while you examine it... Bad things tend to happen to people who hold it when I'm not."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

"That is so damn cool," Neal said with a chuckle as Zatanna explained that while she was a real magic-user that she didn't use it to improve her act. That was amazing, very amazing. He could only imagine what she could do with real magic at her fingertips! "Wow," Neal said quietly to himself as he silently promised himself that he'd ask for an autograph for Jordan before she left.

Neal than just got quiet and watched as Zatanna and Nico seemed to talk about the possibility of going home. After all, there wasn't really anything that he could contribute here. It felt strange that within a few minutes Zatanna might be able to fix their problem. These guys would be going home soon, and Nico with them.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Nico Minoru

"Amazing," Zatanna said, as she took the staff into her hands. As had been insisted, though, Nico remained holding onto it as well, to avoid any disastrous side effects. "The amount of magical energy flowing through this staff is... I've never felt anything like it. Where did you get it?"

"It was my parents'," Nico said, with a small shrug. "I don't know much about it, only that it stuck with me the first time I touched it, and that it's only capable of casting the same spell once."

"Remarkable." Zatanna closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. "Leaver ruoy sterces ot em." Instantly, the magician's eyes went wide and began to glow bright yellow, as the history and details about the staff flew through her head. A few minutes later, she finally came out of her trance and let out a gaping breath. "Oh my... this staff is... if this thing were to fall into the wrong hands..." Holding a hand to her forehead, she grimaced a little in pain, though quickly shook the feeling away. "Fortunately, I can tell it's in good hands. In any case, I think it's about time I get you home. I think I can use this staff as a medium to key in on your unique dimensional frequency lingering from when the staff sent you here. So, let's see..."

A moment passed, and then Zatanna took in a deep breath. "Nepo a yawrood ot eht dlrow morf ecnehw uoy emac!" Almost immediately, a flash of lightning burst from the staff's tip, focusing on a single spot in midair. At that point, the ball of lightning suddenly grew into the shape of a doorway, now a shimmering portal of yellow light. Turning to it, Zatanna held her hands up and closed her eyes. "There... that will take you back home. I can hold it open for as long as you need."

Nico was silent for a long moment, giving the portal a distant look, as if unsure whether or not she was happy to see it. Eventually, she returned her staff to her body and then began heading down the hallway. "I'll... go get the others."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Neal continued to just watch in silence, listening to the conversation take place about the staff. Apparently as someone that could do real magic, Zatanna was quite impressed with the abilities that the staff could uphold. That had to have been quite the compliment, coming from another magic user.

Neal stayed silent until the doorway/portal was opened. He just stared at it for some time. "Wow," he remarked as he saw the magical energy. He glanced at Nico for a moment as she went to go and get the others so that they could go home. He just gazed at her for a moment. So she was doing what he though she would, she was staying with her friends to support them through this crisis. He couldn't blame her, they probably needed her.

"So you actually know magic and incantations," Neal remarked as he looked over at Zatanna. "That's incredible, the fact that you could open up a portal so easily. Are you sure that it'll send them to the right place though?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Nico Minoru

"Take a look for yourself," Zatanna stated, nodding towards the portal. By now, he would be able to see an image on the other side. Well, more like a movie or something. Or a window. It was the streets of New York, only there were a few things different about it. A newsstand nearby had a paper with an unknown hero in a blue and red costume with a spider emblem on it, and in the distance was something called Stark Tower. Zatanna didn't know about any of that, but she knew her magic, and it was never wrong. "I'm one hundred percent positive."

A short while later, Nico returned with the others. Karolina, Chase, Molly, Victor, Klara, and Old Lace, gathered around the portal and looked into it, amazed.

"Whoa..." Chase said. "So this takes us back home?"

"That's right," Zatanna replied.

"Then what are we waiting for!" he said, starting to run towards it. He stopped, though, looking back behind him at Neal and Batgirl. "Oh, hey, thanks for everything guys. Couldn't have done it without you."

Victor nodded, shaking hands with the two of them. "It was nice working with you."

"Can we go now?" Molly asked, bouncing up and down on her feet. "We have an alien invasion to stop!"

"Right, right, let's get going," Chase said, starting to walk towards the portal again. This time, it was Nico who stopped him.

"Guys..." she said, lowering her gaze towards the floor. She huffed out a long breath, then held a hand to her opposite arm and shifted her weight nervously. "I... I'm not going."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Neal raised an eyebrow before turning to look in to the portal that Zatanna had created. Well it was definitely a different version of New York, but Neal wasn't completely convinced until he saw Stark Tower in the background of the image. Yes, now he was starting to see that Zatanna's magic had really done it's trick.

As they all came back, Neal nodded and shook the hands of everyone that offered it to them. He didn't want to say goodbye to these guys just yet, but he knew that they needed to go back to their own land. This place was new and alien to them, and they probably wanted to get back ASAP. "You all take care of yourselves. I'd say hope to see you soon...but you know why I can't," Neal said while offering a weak laugh.

It was when Nico stopped and spoke though that Neal's gaze turned to look at her. "Nico," he started, "are you really sure that's what you still want?" Neal asked as he looked directly at her. He would be happy if she stayed, but he had assumed that she would go home to be with her friends after having some time to think.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Nico Minoru

"What?!" Molly exclaimed, running up to Nico and giving her a stern look with wide eyes. "What do you mean you're not going? We're all supposed to go back together!"

"Yeah, Nico," Chase said, looking utterly confused. "I mean, why would you want to stay here? That's our home, we have to go back, there's still so much to do with the invasion and everything."

Nico shrugged, looking away shamefully. "It's not like you guys can't handle warning the Avengers... but this is something I've been thinking about for a while. I love you guys, you know that, but I want something more out of life than just running around like some kind of runaway with no purpose, you know? We don't have an actual home to go back to in that world, we live in cheap motels and abandoned underground mansions, we're constantly on the move, and we have other heroes breathing down our necks to make sure we're okay. I just... I want a fresh start to live a normal life, you know? And here..." She briefly glanced over at Neal, then turned away again, sighing. "What better place for a fresh start than a new universe?"

"Nico... you're sure about this?" Victor asked, echoing Neal's own question.

She nodded. "Yeah... I've made my decision and I'm sticking by it. This is what's best for me and my life, I know it is."

Suddenly, Karolina, who had up until this point been silent, took a step forward. "I'm staying, too."

Nico blinked, looking back at her friend. "Karolina...?"

"You, too?" Klara uttered, sounding utterly shocked. The poor girl was too young to really understand any reasoning behind wanting to leave their friends.

Chase let out a baffled breath, bringing his hands to his head. "But... why?"

"Because I made a promise..." Karolina muttered, holding her arms around herself as she looked away. "To Xavin... I told her I wouldn't go after her. I... I'm going to keep that promise."

"Well in that case, I'm staying, too!" Molly declared, marching forward and folding her arms sternly across her chest.

"What? Molly, you can't just-" Nico started.

But Molly cut her off. "No, Nico! I already lost my parents, and I'm not losing you and Karolina, too! You've been like a Mom to me, and Karolina I've always thought of like a sister. I'm not letting you stay behind without me!"

"Well what the hell, let's just all stay behind, then," Chase suggested. "I mean if you guys are already staying, what reason do we have to go back?"

"The invasion," Victor reminded him. "Our world is in danger, and someone needs to warn them. That has to be us."

"Oh... right."

Klara took a step forward, taking Molly's hand. Molly was her best friend, after all, she didn't want to see her leave either. "But... but I can stay, too? I don't want to miss you."

"Hey, it's okay," Molly said, giving the girl a big smile. "You gotta look after those two, you know they're helpless without one of us girls around to look after them, right?"

"Well... I guess," Klara said, shifting her weight. She was starting to tear up. A second later, she jumped forward and hugged Molly, already starting to cry. "I'm going to miss you!"

Chase let out another heavy sigh, scratching the back of his head. "Man... I guess this is goodbye, huh?"

"Yeah," Nico said, glancing over at Karolina. "I guess it is... goodbye."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Neal stayed silent as Nico spoke to her friends about her decision to stay. It was hard to listen to it all. He didn't know the full story of what happened with these guys, but he knew that they had been through so much together. Despite Nico's desire for a normal life this wasn't an easy decision for her to make. It just showed how strongly she wanted to stay and not go back home.

After the goodbyes were being said, Neal walked over and stood next to Nico before placing a hand on her shoulder. "You'll be alright here," Neal said sincerely as he wanted to make sure that Nico felt comfortable with her decision. "You already got quite a few friends here that are willing to watch your back," Neal said as he glanced over at Batgirl. Certainly Rose and Batman would also be willing to help her.

Neal than looked back to the others, also giving nods to show his support to them as well. Karolina and Molly, they also were going to remain in this world.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Nico Minoru

A few minutes and teary goodbyes later, and half the group returned back through the portal, leaving only Nico, Karolina, and Molly behind. When it was finally done, Zatanna broke her concentration and let out a deep breath, hands coming to her hips.

"Alright," she said, "my work here is done. I should probably get going. Oh, and if you guys ever want tickets to my show, just ask and I'll hook you up."

Nico didn't say anything, instead looking over at Karolina and Molly. The two looked back at her, giving each other awkward, sad looks. They had just left everything they'd ever known behind, including some of their closest friends. This new life... would be hard adjusting to, she knew, but ultimately it would be for the better. When Neal came up behind her, she turned to him and smiled, giving a small nod. "Yeah... thanks."

"I'm gonna go back to Rose's room," Karolina said, letting out a small breath. "To let her know what was going on. She was also in the middle of telling me about a time she made a biker gang wet themselves... I want to hear how that ends." With a very slight smile, one that barely masked her inner grief, she headed down the hallway and disappeared.

Molly folded her arms again and looked around at everyone for a moment. Finally, she said, "So... I'm hungry. Can we get a pizza?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Neal stayed silent until Molly's question, deciding that he should for the most part remain quiet in a situation like this. These guys were going through so much inner strife right now, he couldn't possibly comprehend just what they were going to do. They didn't have a place to live, a job or money, after all. It would be hard to get a normal life without stuff like that wouldn't it?

"A pizza huh?" Neal questioned as he looked at the girl. "Well, I never say no to pizza," Neal admitted as he glanced at Nico. "Perhaps a bit of a walk and some food might do us all some good."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Rose Wilson

Three months later, the new girls had somewhat settled into their new lives in this universe. After an anonymous donation by someone who totally couldn't be Batman, Nico, Karolina, and Molly, were living in an apartment in one of the better areas of Gotham City. Molly had since been enrolled in Gotham Academy, while Nico worked at the Gotham Library, under the supervision of one of the other librarians, one Barbara Gordon. Karolina, meanwhile, had received a surprising marketing internship at Wayne Enterprises, putting her unique and sensible design skills to good use. All in all, things were as normal for them as they could be, which was a real welcome change of pace to their lives.

Since they stayed behind in this world, Nico had been keeping in touch with their new friends, mostly Neal. They talked, hung out together, and had grown pretty close as friends over those months. Likewise, Karolina had been spending a lot of time with Rose. Though the two girls couldn't be more opposite, something clicked when they were together, and they really enjoyed hanging out together. Then again, perhaps Rose was just enjoying bringing a little of Karolina's wild side out of the otherwise homey, reserved girl.

Then of course, Rose and Neal had been continuing their training under the Bat Family, going out several nights a week to patrol the city and fight crime. Fortunately, nothing like the Skrull incident had happened since then. Just thugs and drug dealers, mostly.

Rose sat on the couch in the living room, leaning forward to tie the laces of her boots, preparing to head out to one of the local clubs with Karolina. She glanced up at Neal and gave him a curious look. "So, what do you have planned tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Neal was in the middle of doing some pushups when Rose asked that question. He had taken his own workout and personal health much more seriously now that he was training and working with the Bat family. He was in better shape than ever and he could feel it get better everyday. He still had a long way to go to ever catch up to Rose's physical prowess, but at the very least he was improving.

As Rose asked her question, Neal quickly pushed himself up and stood up before grabbing a towel to wipe the sweat away from his body and forehead. "Well," he began as he sounded like he was hesitating answering Rose's question, "I think that I'm going to give Nico a call," he admitted as he looked over to Rose. "I thought I might...finally see if she wanted to go out or something."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose lifted an eyebrow at him, then curled her lips into an amused little smirk. "Ahh, I get it," she said, chuckling under her breath. Leaning to her other boot, she finished her laces and then sat straight up with her arms folded. "Guess that explains why we haven't hit the hay together in so long, huh? Well, let me know how it goes." With that, she stretched her arms out, stood up, and then slipped her leather jacket on. "I'll be back late, don't wait up." Of course, she ws always back late. Always. Even when she and Karolina had an early night, she'd go out by herself afterwards and do something else. Rose didn't quite understand the concept of going to bed early.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:00 am

Neal looked over at Rose curiously, wondering what she meant when she said that she got it. With what she said next though, Neal had to admit that he felt a little embarrassed. She was right when she said that it had been quite a while, and the reason it had stopped was because Neal felt like he saw something in Nico. He just hoped that she would return those feelings. "You two have fun tonight. Tell Karolina I said hey," Neal called out before Rose left.

Once she was gone Neal plopped down on the couch and pulled out his cellphone before dialing Nico's number. He put the device to his ear and waiting for her to pick up, hoping that she was available.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:04 am

Nico Minoru

Nico picked up her phone a few minutes later, plopping herself down on the couch in her apartment's living room. Karolina had already left to go out with Rose, and Molly was sleeping over one of her new friends' house, leaving her alone for the night. With a small yawn, she checked the name on the caller ID and then flipped up her phone. "Hey, Neal. What's up?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DC Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next