Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A meeting in the Rain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

A meeting in the Rain Empty
PostSubject: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Hiroki Senju

Another crash of thunder woke Hiroki from his meditations. He was standing on the highest hill in the park. Arms out, palms up looking up into the rain. Heavy drops pelted his body. He could feel mother natures mercilessness in this rain as it beat against his skin and clothes. Drenching him to the bone, the water from the sky didn't make Hiroki afraid, neither did the thunder or lightning. Such things showed off the power and might of nature, a power he paid the utmost respect to.

To him this rain was purifying. The Thunder and Lightning just a the pomp and circumstance that went along with such a ritual.

Breathing out Hiroki's attention was brought back down to earth. It was nearly sundown, as he could hardly tell the billowy grey clouds from their background. In the distance of the horizon he could make out orange clouds. He shook the water off his face and tuned himself into the disturbance that'd taken him away from being one with nature.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:13 am

Daitokuji Biko
"Jeez, are you nuts?" Biko looked up on the hill with a confused expression at the boy just standing there basking in the drenching rain and booming thunder. She could barely see him from just under the rim of her umbrella grasped tightly in her hand, a half empty picnic basket held firmly in the other. The picnic she'd planned with her friends had become a wash halfway through and she was glad one of her friends had had the mind to bring an umbrella. It was a shame she'd be getting wet at Biko's expense... Okay, she wasn't really all that worried. "Get out of the rain already! You're gonna get struck by lightning if you're not careful!"
Stamina: 1 • Speed: 2 • Strength: 1 • Intelligence: 3 • Chakra Control: 3
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 am

Hiroki Senju

Hiroki lept from the hill top, landing right in front of the blonde haired girl under the umbrella. Landing just far enough back from her that the water that flew off him wouldn't land on her. He looked the girl up and down. She was, outside of the her feet completely dry. "That could happen. Then again it would more likely strike your metal umbrella would it not?"

Hiroki gave a small smile. He liked this girl she was thoughtful, perhaps uppity, and had some class to her and he was wild as the four winds. A very big contrast, but Hiroki liked meeting new people. "I'm Hiroki, what brings you out in the rain? Miss?"
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:07 am

Daitokuji Biko
Biko's lips momentarily pursed ever so slightly before forming a reply to his statement.

"Certainly, if I was standing up on that hill like a doofus. Lightning strikes the highest nearby point, after all. It's not always metal, though metal does help. ...And Daitokuji Biko," she was sure to use her last name first in the formal matter. She'd always been rather proud of her heritage. "I was just returning from an ill-fated picnic since I've no interest in eating wet food while receiving a second shower of the day. ...Rather unlike you, it would appear."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:38 am

Hiroki Senju

Daitokuji. Like the Fire countries leader. Politics were not interesting to Hiroki but he knew the power that name held in this land. If she was that powerful then why was she in the Village? Was she perhaps training to be a Shinobi? Why would someone so high born want to be a Shinobi? It made Hiroki's head hurt.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Biko-san." Hiroki bowed again making sure not to get water on her. "I love the rain. It could be said that the forest is my temple and the rain is my baptism or some deep metaphor like that. This would be my second shower today for sure. Though I may take one to warm up later."

"Would you care to stay and talk for a while?"
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:54 am

Daitokuji Biko
"You probably should before you catch cold," the young woman remarked, purposefully ignoring his awkward attempt to be half-assedly deep. She glanced down at her half-emptied basket and then back up toward her unexpected guest. She wasn't exactly enthusiastic in the prospect of standing here talking about uninteresting things and sitting anywhere would lead to a wet bottom and some embarrassment...

"Is there something on your mind that you'd like to discuss?" she inquired, expecting him to reply with a negative so she could have an easy out from an entailed conversation.
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:04 am

Hiroki Senju

She was obviously unimpressed with his hardly trying to be deep. It meant that she was fairly straitforward. "Being wet doesn't give you a cold. But if you are so concerned."

Hiroki brought his hands together, Claping them and lacing his fingers and quickly doing several hand seals. This would be the Wood Element: Two Pillars Shelter. It would form it's roof first then its floor to keep the floor dry and a firepit, with the wood drawing up stones from under ground and positioning them into a fire pit in the middle. Then benches formed around the fire pit. A railing formed around an elevated floor and Stairs up formed right behind the young man.

Stepping aside Hiroki motioned up the stairs. "Perhaps the weather. Or if I'm not being too forward why such a prestigious young lady is in the land of Shinobi. Perhaps becoming one? After you."
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:31 am

Daitokuji Biko
"Uh..." Biko hesitated momentarily as Hiroki created his jutsu structure, though likely not for the reason most other people would. Then again, she didn't often think very much like the average person. "Are you allowed to just randomly create structures in a public park like that?"

Still, the work was already done and likely couldn't be unmade so she decided to make the best of it and fold up her umbrella as she entered under the roof and further dryness where she could take a seat and attempt to wait out the rain.

"Anyway, I'm not becoming one. I am one. Only a genin for now, but more in a short time."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:49 am

Hiroki Senju

He shook off the worst of his drenched self outside before stepping in and running his hands through his hair and squeezing out more water before ruffling it and messing it up as per his usual wild style. He would of course make sure again not to soak his new friend. "A free Gazeebo in the park? If they don't like it I can take it down later. Well it's a fitting structure for a park, not like I made a house or ramen stand." It wouldn't be too hard for him to remove the technique if asked.

"I know this is going to sound crass, but why be a ground-pounder? You could have everything you wanted if you stayed with your family. Why give it up?" Hiroki wasn't prying just curious. He'd imagined she was living in the lap of luxury why leave it behind?
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:16 am

Daitokuji Biko
"I suppose it's not a big deal so long as its up to code and not in the way of anything... and you don't attempt to claim it as your personal structure. You did build it on public property so its not really yours." She gave a lax, half-interested shrug.

"I'm not a ground pounder, idiot," Biko barked harshly at being labeled with such a lower class term. "I'm a legacy in the making. You never hear about great daimyo and I find the political side of the spectrum incredibly droll. Becoming a great ninja is simply a more appealing practice for me. That's it."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:42 am

Hiroki Senju

The talk of ownership rights and building code made Hiroki's head hurt, there was little room in Hiroki's head and it was occupied by the several hundreds of techniques he'd had to learn, the circumstance he'd had to use them in, and the tactics with which to use them. Though most were out of his reach, due to physical limitations.

Hiroki visibly cowered when Biko responded terribly to his very plain question. She was scary. "So you've become a soldier for Glory and Legacy?" That thought seemed very odd to the young Senju boy, he was always taught Duty and Honor instead of Glory and Legacy. He supposed that each family had their own values. He wouldn't discount the daughter of the country's leader but it still seemed off to him, perhaps selfish. "What kind of Legacy do you hope to establish?" He asked again curiously. Such a thought as personal Legacy had never occurred to him.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 12:18 am

Daitokuji Biko
"A great one, of course," Biko spoke, bringing a hand proudly to her chest as she gloated. "I'll be this village's single greatest ninja in its entire history and I'll likely do it without even breaking a sweat. I've got rather impressive skills if I do say so myself. I bet I can become a jounin by the end of this year!"
Theme: Extraball
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:31 am

Hiroki Senju

She was either making leaps of logic he should have been making or was completely full of herself. Either way it made Hiroki's head hurt and need more clarification on the subject of Legacy. "How do you plan on making a great legacy? Are you going to refine and reform the current policies? Or root out corruption within the village? What is the meaning if such reforms can collapse by the time the next Hokage take the stage and corruption seeps back in?"

Hiroki knelt down as he asked the questions and did a few hand seals one of the pieces of plank around the fire pit grew, then proceeded to blossom into kindling then fell into the fire pit, before more of the planks fell atop it. "What lasting actions will your legacy entail?" Hiroki's hands quickly set up the fire before pulling out a Zippo lighter and lighting the fuzzy piece of plank that had started the technique. It lit aflame quickly and soon there was a little fire, the smoke was of course blowing away from them both.

Planting himself in a bench across from Biko Hiroki waited for her answer as if to study the words and possibilities of such actions. Or to try to discern if she was just full of it.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Daitokuji Biko
Biko's expression went sour with disdain quickly as question after question poured from Hiroki's mouth in a never-ending shower. Finally, she honored his questions with an answer, though likely not the answer he was looking for.

"...You ask far too many questions. Personal legacies don't need lasting effects like that. I just want to be known as a great ninja forever. Period." And she dotted the end of the sentence with her finger in emphasis.
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:52 am

Hiroki Senju

Hiroki scratched his head. "That's less of a legacy and more of a reputation isn't it? I think you're looking more for legend than legacy." Hiroki wasn't that smart, but he felt he knew what he was talking about and unlike his conversational partner he wasn't upset about their different views, she wanted to be great. She aspired to be better than she was. He was expected to be better, by his family and those his family had influence over. They expected him to be the Second Coming of the First Hokage.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Daitokuji Biko
"Wrong," she answered quickly with a turn of her nose upward. "I meant legacy. I'll be so great that even my children and their children after me will be praised for being born of such a rich and powerful lineage. My power, ability, beauty and grace will never be forgotten for as long as this village stands. That will be my legacy. Does that make more sense to you?"
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Hiroki Senju

Now Hiroki was worried, as much as her goal sounded about herself, establishing a great house of Shinobi just to prove your self worth seemed a little inflated, and even Hiroki could imagine it was a lot of work. Knowing how corrupt his family and its vassals were, rubbed Hiroki the wrong way as well. He scratched his head in amazement to try to hide the little bastard that was resentment of such establishments.

"That's good... I guess." He was unhappy with what sounded like her goal. "So you're going to become Hokage, marry the most powerful guy in the village, and start a splendid family who will reign as a Dynasty of Hokage or something like that?" However he wanted to clarify.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Daitokuji Biko
Biko leaned back with a casually social shrug at that statement. "That's the general idea, yeah. Whoever I married would have to be handsome as well, of course. Power doesn't mean much without the aesthetics to go along with it. What good is being powerful if you can't look good as well, right?" she giggled, mostly to herself. She didn't really expect this guy to fully understand her way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 1:53 am

Hiroki Senju

Well she seemed to want the power for very personal reasons. Not like she wanted to enslave the village, and make everyone in her own image of what a shinobi should be. She also sounded shallow. It was enough to make Hiroki's head start to hurt from the sheer thoughtlessness that went into such a goal. "You know a lot of the more powerful shinobi have given up on looking good and are called Hermits for a reason." Most of them were old men that all they did was study Ninjutsu and focus themselves solely to its study, sometimes to the detriment of even personal hygiene.

The thought of it made him shudder, then again what he'd been told of the First Hokage, then man was fairly young when he established the village and set the standard for the power of a Kage all over the world, not to mention that he was fairly good looking. He was sure that if she couldn't find someone sufficiently strong and good looking that she'd die childless or some hubris like that.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 12:16 am

Daitokuji Biko
"I'm sure there's some man out there like me who desires a fine balance between skill and aesthetic ability. Everyone has a soul mate. It's written in the stars, you know," she spoke matter-of-factly like it was the most obvious and factual thing in the world. "Besides, there are plenty of skilled and handsome ninja in the village. Things will work out eventually."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 1:30 am

Hiroki Senju

This girl was full of folly. Hiroki was glad that her thoughts were positive, and her goals not based on something like revenge, nothing good ever came from wanting vengeance. "And if they don't?" Hiroki had to pose the question deadpan of course, trying to study Biko's response both the words and her physical response to the thought that her dreams could die a short death if she loses sight for a moment.

Hiroki didn't have the luxury of dreams. It made him a little envious.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Daitokuji Biko
"Won't happen," Biko answered simply with a lax shrug of indifference. "I told you, everyone has a soul mate. I just need to do my best to achieve greatness until then. It's all a matter of course. One thing will eventually lead to another and my goals will be achieved. Just you wait and see. Some years from now I'll be sure to speak to you again to rub it in your face for ever even doubting my ability to achieve that which I'm ultimately destined to have."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:51 am

Hiroki Senju

"If it happens the way you say it will: Then you'll have my full congratulations." Hiroki reluctantly relented from his train of thought to her very brash and vainglorious vision.

Hiroki sat back and enjoyed the rainfall. By now his shirt had dried thanks to the shelter and the fire. "So are you part of a team yet?" Hiroki asked, he himself was a Genin on the black list, thanks in no small part to his family.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Problematic
Kage
Kage
Problematic

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Daitokuji Biko
"Huh?" She turned to him with a surprised blink. "Of course. Aren't you? All genin are assigned a team immediately after graduation, after all." That was the way ninja training had always been handled in the village... or at least that's what she'd been lead to believe.
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:29 am

Hiroki Senju

"There are at any one time fifty to sixty genin graduating from any class. However at any one time there are only Fifteen to Eighteen teacher available to take Genin apprentices. To make sure that the best pass on, there's a waiting list called the remedial list. In years where there are far too few teachers the lower rated Genin or Geinin with special problems are put on this list." Hiroki explained. "Genin from families with political enemies and mediocre genin are quick to be put on this list. No matter how far you go Biko can't escape politics."

Hiroki gave an exhausted sigh. "No matter how hard you try unless you're a truly outstanding Genin, if an opponent has control of who is on the Remedial list then you'll never see a team."
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in the Rain   A meeting in the Rain Empty

Back to top Go down

A meeting in the Rain