Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

.: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:29 pm

Hazumi

Hazumi smiled at Kasumi's little quip. "I have two chains remember?" he pointed out before lifting his shirt partially to show that his other chain was wrapped around his stomach under his clothes. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. Once we find shelter I can start a fire with ease, even if the wood is wet," he added as they kept walking.

"Don't worry, we'll get there in time. We just have to keep moving," Hazumi said as he started to pick up the pace. He was pushing Kasumi, but he knew that she'd be able to push through it. This was their survival after all, and she had faced many worse nightmares than the cold. Kasumi was not the kind of girl that was going to let anything stop her. They would support each other, till whatever end.

Several hours later and they came to the base of the mountain. Hazumi had pulled up his collar over his face to stop his lips from getting frosted over. He looked around for a time, squinting his eyes as he tried to see through the storm that was surrounding them. "There" he said as he pointed to a small opening that could barely be seen from where they were. "Let's go" he said before suddenly picking Kasumi up with his arms. He used his remaining strength to get all the way to the cave's entrance before pushing themselves inside.

Hazumi set Kasumi down as the walls of the cave allowed for a respite from the bitter cold. He looked tired, but he tried his best to hide it. "I'll get a fire going, just give me a minute," Hazumi said before walking to the center of the cave and started digging a hole. HE used his bare hands to move the dirt aside, trying to create a center for them to store their fire.
Mood: Concerned
Condition: Healthy
Stamina: 8 • Speed: 8 • Strength: 8 • Intelligence: 8 • Chakra control: 8
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi hunkered down under her winter coat as she did her best to keep beside Hazumi as they treked to the base of the mountain. They walked for what felt like forever through the freezing cold as the weather grew worse around them. Hazumi kept trying to reassure her throughout the journey, probably to keep her spirits up, but it wasn't her force of will that was giving out, it was her body. The cold had finally gotten to much for Kasumi as she heard Hazumi shout out and point something.

Kasumi dropped to her knees as her legs finally gave out from under her, unable to keep her upright any longer. It felt like she had only just hit the snow when a pair of strong arms scooped her up out of the cold. Kasumi rested her head against Hazumi's chest as she shivered uncontrollably as the stronger Shinobi bolted toward the cave.

Kasumi sat where Hazumi put her down and wrapped her coat around her as tightly as she could as her shivering slowly began to subside. She looked over at the Kounin as he still worked tirelessly to try and save their lives with a much needed fire.

"Th-Thank you, Zumi-kun", Kasumi whispered to him as she let her bag slide off her shoulder. Even if she even close to recovery yet, she still needed to feel like she was doing something, even if it was as simple as getting out what they would need to spend the night there.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:32 am

Hazumi

Hazumi nodded as he finished the hole. His teeth were chattering heavily as he tried to keep himself warm. Hazumi performed a hand sign and secreted a liquid from his hand that filled the hole up. After that he lit his finger on fire and dipped it in to the liquid to cause it to light ablaze. The heat filled the width of the cave with light. Hazumi just motioned for Kasumi to come and join him.

"Come on, the fire is going to last a while. It's a special fluid that will stay lit for hours. I developed it for traveling for places like this. We won't have to worry about heat through the night....you should sleep. I can take the first watch"
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:24 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi stood up weakly and dragged her bag over to sit by the fire with Hazumi. She ploped herself down beside him and cuddled up next to him as he explained about the liquid he had developed. She didn't quite understand how it worked but she was happy to trust his word regarding it. All she cared about was that they were out of the cold and around something warm again.

"It's okay", Kasumi said as she rubbed her eyes, "I can stay up with you for a little while".

Sleep may have sounded like the perfect idea but she didn't want to leave Hazumi alone. He would have refused to leave her alone if she took the first watch, she saw no reason to do the same. Besides, they hadn't really gotten a moment to talk since they had admitted their feelings for one another earlier in the day. There was a lot that was left unsaid, perhaps that was for the best, but if she was asleep then it might remain that way. Plus, he had been forced to save her stupid ass yet again, the least she could do was keep him company.

"I can't believe you developed that. Strong, handsome and smart, is there anything you can't do Zumi-kun?", Kasumi teased, poking Hazumi in the cheek with her finger, "Sometimes I think it's your life goal to make me look like an amateur".
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:30 am

Hazumi

Hazumi wrapped an arm around Kasumi as she leaned in to him while they stayed close to the fire. He smiled as he could feel her skin becoming warm already. Good, he knew that the cold was taking a larger toll on her than it was on him. Thankfully, with the fire now fully lit Hazumi could stop heating his chains up to keep himself and Kasumi warm. The fire was going to do that for them.

He glanced over at Kasumi as he still believed that she should sleep, but he could tell that she wasn't going to back down from this. She only wanted to stay with him and keep him company after all he did for her. Perhaps it would be like last night, he'd hold her until she fell asleep.

At her compliment, Hazumi only smiled. "In truth I had some help. I had a friend in the hunter-nin who developed a substance that would spread across the ground and cause anyone to step in it to become stuck. Once he taught me that move, I only modified it slightly to become flammable"

Hazumi looked out towards the entrance of the cave as he saw how much worse the storm was getting. "Before we go to bed I'll cover up the entrance of the cave with a tarp, try to keep some of the heat inside and the cold out. The cave is spacious enough that the smoke should still be able to escape."
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:49 am

Kasumi Asogi

Even with him explaining it to her, she couldn't work out how he had modified it. She supposed that was what made him so talented compared to her. She had never met a jutsu she couldn't practice and master, as long as someone taught it to her to begin with, but the idea of modifying a jutsu like that was sadly beyond her, at least to the extent he was talking about. To change the whole chemistry and workings of the jutsu was beyond her level of skill it seemed.

He would never change it seemed, even the entrance didn't escape his thoughts. With so much going on, she had to wonder if there was anywhere in his thoughts at the moment about her. Was he worried about her? Did he enjoy them sitting like this together? Did he even have enough time on his hands to consider any of that? Maybe she was being childish about it, but it was something she had never bothered wondering about before today and she couldn't help being curious.

"If I'm not asleep by then, I'll try to give you a hand", Kasumi offered to him, wiggling her cold feet by the pit.

Snuggling further into his warm body, Kasumi couldn't help but blush a little as she was reminded of something she used to tease Hazumi with. Now, it seemed even funnier then ever. Looking up at him, her fringe hanging over her byakugan like usual and a big teasing smile on her face as she asked, "So... Wanna make out, lover boy?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:58 am

Hazumi

"I'll take you up on that offer" Hazumi said as she offered to help with the entrance. It was one of the things that he admired about Kasumi. She never enjoyed feeling like a burden. Even if she had lost her arm today, she would have insisted on still helping him. She was intent on making sure that she didn't slow this group down. Hazumi was just glad that she was feeling better. Watching over her for that past year had been hard on him, watching her whither away after seeing her be so full of energy.

There were so many days where he wanted to leave or send her away. Watching someone you care for whither away...it was almost worse than watching them die.

At Kasumi's last question, Hazumi couldn't help but look down on her as she smiled up at him with that grin she always had. "The problem with your repeated jokes, now I can't tell if you're being serious this time or not" he said with his own grin as he looked down at his girlfriend's face.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 3:28 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi burst into laughter at the way Hazumi handled her question. He wasn't flustered this time though, more intrigued about the prospect of it being a genuine offer. Perhaps, he just needed some assurance that she wasn't simply toying with him anymore? If that's really all it was, she could easily fix that for him.

Placing her hand on his cheek, she leaned up to press his lips tenderly against her own, holding them there to let him kiss her back. She wrapped her arms around his neck, unable or unwilling to let him break away from her until she was ready to catch her breathe. She lost her sense of time, unsure how long they stayed like that, their passion no longer requiring their words to show their affection for one another. She couldn't explain it, but his love for her felt like repaired more of her heart each time they allowed each other to share in this display of love.

They finally parted slowly, Kasumi catching her breathe as she looked up at his with a tender smile, her face flushed, her cheeks red from blushing so much. She fell backward, letting herself lay there staring up at the ceiling of the cave, not even noticing that she was still smiling uncontrollably.

"Wow... So that's what it would have been like if you had taken advantage of me back then", Kasumi told him with a chuckle. It had been a whirlwind of a realisation, their love for one another, but so far, she hadn't regretted anything.

"... Thank you. For never giving up on me Zumi-kun", she proclaimed tenderly, unable to look at him as she said it.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 3:34 am

Hazumi

Hazumi couldn't say anything else before Kasumi grabbed his face and moved him to kiss her, their lips fitting together like a weapon into its own sheath. He enjoyed the feeling as they kissed, a physical reminder of the feelings that they shared for one another. Last night felt like so long ago, and it was as if this one day together had frozen away any fear that the two might have had about each other or this relationship.

As they parted, Hazumi watched as the girl fell back, apparently overcome with the emotion that she felt. Hazumi could only smile down at her, even though they weren't making eye contact. "You'll never need to thank me for that Kasumi," he whispered as he reached over and took her hand in to his own. "I'll always believe in you...always" he encouraged her before turning to look back at the fire.

"I'm happy...to see such emotion and passion within you again. For a time I thought all you wanted to embrace was death. I feared that you'd never have a reason to go on anymore."
Mood: Tired/Happy
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:06 am

Kasumi Asogi

He always knew what to say to her, at just the right time, it was hard not to feel affection for him when he could speak so reassuringly. It was hard for her to think that all this time, all these years, she had let herself feel miserable when her happiness was literally sitting on the couch beside her. She knew she was betraying Hotaru, she knew she was betraying her vengence, but right now, in this cave, sitting with him, she was happy for a change.

"I did. I had failed at everything I had ever tried to do. I failed Hotaru, I failed my Daimyo and when we attacked the Yakuza with that fox bitch... I even failed you. I had dishonored myself so much, I had no idea how to fix it, I just wanted to give up. But even after I'd given up on myself, you refused too. I couldn't understand, I never understood, I'm still not sure what you see in me that deserves your love... But for the first time, I grateful for it. For you", Kasumi said honestly, even if it did disgust her with how weak she sounded. She still dared not let look at him, in fear of his seeing the tears that were welling up in her eyes. He had seen her cry enough within the last twenty-four hours, the last thing she wanted was to seem like a blubbering baby.

Sitting up, she sneakily ran her forearm across her eyes, drying off some of the tears before she rummaged through her bag and pulled out a pair of rice balls, offering one out to Hazumi as a way to distract him from all the good natured garbage she had just sputtered. As a Kunoichi, she was meant to be strong and whining like a depressed teenager wasn't helping.

"You hungry? I bought them from a vendor while I was waiting for you", she explained, as she wriggled around so she could rest the back of her head against his thigh.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:12 am

Hazumi

"Take some time and look at yourself. I don't think it'll take long before you can see what I see," Hazumi said to Kasumi. He couldn't just tell her what he valued about her. It was something she was going to need to discover on her own one day. He couldn't keep being her strength, even if they did stay together. She was going to have to see herself for who she was. One day Hazumi hoped that Kasumi could smile when she saw herself in the mirror. For the past year, all she was seemed to be disgusted.

Hazumi glanced over and took the rice ball gratefully. "I forgot how hungry I was until I saw this," he admitted before hungrily taking a bite of the snack item. Hazumi wasn't sure if he had ever had a better one in his life. It was amazing what hunger and fatigue did to your stomach after nearly a straight day of marching through terrible conditions.

"Thank you," he added as he looked down and saw Kasumi. He turned his head and looked up and down her body, taking her in for a moment. "I think you've recovered your strength back. Your time in Kumo sapped much of your strength, but the past few months of training have made you stronger....I'm glad for this. Do you feel stronger?"
Mood: Happy/Tired
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:40 am

Kasumi Asogi

Unwrapping the paper packaging, Kasumi took a bite as she pondered all of Hazumi's words. She had her doubts about see in herself what he saw, but as she so frequently reminded herself, he had never lied to her before. She looked up and smiled as he munched away on the rice ball, happy it provided so form of satisfaction for him. 

Sitting here, now, eating like this, it felt as though she could close her eyes and when she opened them they would be back in Hazumi's living room on his couch. Her fantasy was broken by Hazumi asking about her power. She thought of her own strength when he asked her, nodding her head as he asked if she could feel it returning to her.

"I definately feel like I'm close to 100% again but I'm not sure if I'm stronger or not though. I feel like I need to push myself to a new level beyond my original power. I won't let myself be beaten, not again", Kasumi proclaimed as she took another bite of her rice ball. I have to make sure I improve, or else Zumi-kun will do something foolish to try and protect me. I only just told him what he means to me, I won't lose him!, Kasumi thought to herself. Reaching a hand out, to took his free hand into her own, lacing her fingers between his and held it.

Suddenly, from outside, came a deep howl of a wolf, which seemed to set off an entire chorus of howls...
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:45 am

Hazumi

People could change. Hazumi knew that because he had changed too. It was hard to imagine yourself to be different than what you were now, but it was possible. The future wasn't certain for anyone, Hazumi was no slave to destiny and neither was Kasumi. Whatever road they walked in the future, they would face it with courage and might. They wouldn't be life's puppets anymore.

They would make their own fate.

"I'm happy to hear your dedication. Once we're out of this country I'll try to start training you again. I do not wish for you to become frustrated, but you understand that with us battling the cold and our fatigue, training for hours each day would get us killed. We'll need all of our stren-" but Hazumi stopped as he heard the howls...and they seemed QUITE genuine.

"The fire, put it out" Hazumi said as he looked at Kasumi. "Wait here," he said to her before standing up and moving towards the front entrance of the cave. He tried to look out in to the wilderness, attempting to see if he could find the source of the noise. With a storm this dark, their fire would be a dead giveaway of their position. Damn it, he should have put the tarp up earlier! Why had he waited and let his guard down?

Hazumi pushed all of this aside as he started to look around. "Come on...show yourself."
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:15 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi rushed about, putting out the fire as she had been requested to do and quickly grabbed her tanto from her bag where it was attached. She felt a rush of fear as the memories of the warning returned to her, making her grip the blade tighter as she slowly wandered toward the entrance. See, doing something foolish already Zumi-kun, god damn you!

"Becareful please", Kasumi whispered to him from the entrance, to remind him that she was here watching.

As if because of his request, massive pairs of glowing eyes started to appear in the forest tree line as the howls gave way to deep growls and snarls. The slowly stalked forward, stepping out of the treeline and into the what little light the night and storm allowed. The largest wolf stayed toward the back, two petite females adorned each side as the 'grunts' of the pack moved forward to create a perimeter around Hazumi and the entrance.

"... Can you not read human?", the large wolf asked without opening his mouth, as if he were projecting his thoughts straight into their heads, "You have deliberately violated our territory but like so many of your kind before you, it will not go unpunished. Your ignorance isn't an excuse and your human apologises will have no meaning here. You will both feed the pack, you will both help to keep us strong..."

The large alpha male slowly started glowing as he began to transform, shrinking down slightly into the shape of a human as he stepped forward, the two women beside him also transforming into human shapes themselves.

"You think your ninjutsu would keep you safe from us? Allow me to show why you are so wrong", the Wolf King said with his own words.

"The woman, father, she has his scent all over her. She must be his mate", the woman to the Wolf King's right commented, pointing at Kasumi as she continued to peak out of the entrance.

"Kill the male... Bring me the female. It's been a while since my men have had any fun", the Wolf King said, before turning around and walking back toward the treeline with the two women still at his side, the grunts howling in excitement at his orders, "... If he resists deaths embrace, butcher the female until they both beg for death..."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:24 am

Hazumi

"Yeah...you too" Hazumi whispered back as he just held his position in front of the cave. He turned his face forward again and saw the eyes appearing in the distance, each set attached to the body of a monstrous creature. Kasumi was right, it was actually wolves. Hazumi had never seen an advanced group of animals, not like this. He gulped once as he stood his ground, performing a single handsign to cast a single jutsu before things got too heavy.

"We mean no harm. We only wish to move forward and see the Snow King. We had no other way to get past," Hazumi tried to insist but found that the wolves didn't want to listen. They were here for flesh and blood. They would receive it in droves, but not from Kasumi or Hazumi. "Let us pass peacefully and we won't harm you," Hazumi tried to say.

The wolves began to move forward though, one charging as Hazumi viciously. It was a large wolf, but a pup in comparison to the rest of them. The pup wanted to earn glory by claiming the first kill. With a side step Hazumi dodged the wolf's bite before pulling out one of his chains. Kasumi would recognize that Hazumi performed a summoning, causing the two large metal orbs to become attached to the ends of his chains. Hazumi gripped the orb in hand before smashing the wolf down.

A weakened yip came from the wolf as Hazumi smashed its face in until blood covered the ground and the creature moved no more. Suddenly, the wolves seemed hesitant to move in, even if it was only for a moment. "Come on you bastards, let's see what you got" Hazumi said as he unraveled his entire length of chains. The wolves started to move forward, but Hazumi began swinging his chains around, either whipping or smashing the wolves back. It was a defensive technique he used against multiple enemies, as it had proved effective at keeping people at bay.

Thankfully, even if they broke through this defense, Hazumi was no slouch at close-range combat either. "Come on you bastards. You want a fight, I'll send you to hell!" Hazumi shouted. HE was tired, but thankfully his body was supplying him with the energy he needed to fight this pack.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:57 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi had never been one to cheer from the sidelines but she couldn't help but be spurred on by the raw power, tired or cold regardless. If Hazumi could put down these dogs with that much ease then with her being back to form had to mean she could do something to help. Hazumi's kill on the first wolf gave her more confidence as she began to slowly move forward toward him. 

His overwhelming display had clearly shook the morale of the wolves as they seemed more cautious to approach with the fall of their sides first casualty. Even the Wolf King seemed to stop in his tracks, turning his head back in curiousity. Kasumi moved up as close as she could while Zumi-kun was whipping and battering at the next poor dogs who thought themselves lucky.

The wolves pulled back after a second of their numbers fell to Hazumi's chains. Some of them started to sit and lick their wounds while others paced behind a perceived line frontline. The Wolf King stepped back into their numbers, his entourage along with him, as he performed an odd series of signs with his hands before the leaves on the trees at the base of the forrest line surrounding them burst into sustained flames and flooded the area with its warm light.

Suddenly the grunts began to transform as the light allowed the Shinobi couple to see the Wolf King in full light. They looked like barbarians, their features rugged and their clothes looked hobbled together. Their hair was longer, thicker and more brisslely in multiple shades of grey then a normal humans. Although their human forms lacked tails, they had quite prominent ears on their heads, many of which were adorned with ear rings. The sharpness of their teeth were more like those of animals as were their finger and toe nails, to the point that they could almost be described as claws.

A clap rang through the air as the Wolf King seemed to applaud Hazumi's might and to quieten the obscenities the transformed grunts spat at the Shinobi.

"I must admit, I underestimated you. I thought I was dealing with the usual mercenary runts that pass through here to test their courage. I see now that I'm truly dealing with a ninja pack alpha male. Such a rarity to see wandering out here, especially when it sounded like you're journeying to see HIM", the Wolf King rambled with amusement as he scratched his chin, "There aren't many human's who can claim to have laid a finger on my warriors, let alone kill two. I have to say, I kinda like you boy"

"Regardless! They have blatantly violated our territory and killed members of our pack! We shouldn't even be entertaining to these stupid Monkey's with words!", the young woman to the Wolf King's right yelled in anger, the same woman who had called him father previously. The Princess pointed straight at Hazumi still in a rage, "Just let me have my first kill already! You promised, remember! That's why we tagged along on this boring patrol to begin with!"

"Against an experienced opponent, I should be the one. My King?", the attache on the King's left chimed in as she pulled her bow from her back.

"Agreed. I'll leave this patrol with you as well. I wanted the female alive but if it means so much to you, you may have the human woman as your first kill", The Wolf offered non-chalantly as Kasumi started to feel slightly intimidated about how relaxed they seemed. She had a feeling it was over confidence, but she also didn't think wolves could turn into humans. ... or was it vice versa?

"Yes! Love you Daddy!", the teenager replied.

"What are we going to do? Should we attack first, try and get the drop on them and take a few out quickly before this thing goes off, Zumi-kun?", Kasumi whispered to Hazumi as had finally moved up close enough for him to hear her, readying her blade as she prepared for the dogs to charge at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Hazumi

Hazumi wasn't sure what answer he should give Kasumi. They were vastly outnumbered, but he felt like he could kill most of the wolves with ease. They seemed powerful, but lacked basic forms of ninjutsu. They could transform, but against Hazumi's chakra their large farms would do very little. Still, even the mightiest of men could be brought down if you sent enough enemies at them. Hazumi had to be smart about this, or they were both dead. He had been hoping the brutal murder of their first two kin would be enough to push them away, but it seemed to only make them more angry.

Damn that princess for taunting your father like that, Hazumi was hoping that they'd finally be able to negotiate something so they could just leave in peace. IT seemed like the two women had no intereest in letting Hazumi or Kasumi leave this place alive.

Fine. Hazumi didn't really like killing, but he was very good at it. They were going to be the ones that would regret this decision.

"When I make my move, use any jutsu you can. We need to kill a lot of them as fast as we can. Use attacks that cover a wide area" Hazumi whispered. "Now" he added before making a handsign. Hazumi began to blow out a thick black smoke that started to go in front of him towards the wolves. "RETREAT Kasumi!" HAzumi shouted in the hopes of egging the wolves to start pursuing them. He wanted them to enter the smoke. In truth, it was a modified form of a gunpowder, forming a highly combustible cloud. After a few moments when Hazumi heard movement, he shot a single fireball in the cloud which erupted in a large explosion.

Hazumi couldn't wait to see how effective his attack was. "Now Kasumi, use everything you got" Hazumi said as she would see that his chains were glowing a dark red to indicate that he was putting as much heat in to his chains as he could. He ran forward and started swinging wildly, aiming to cut down any wolf that might have survived his ash cloud attack.

He'd wipe this entire pack from existence if he had to. He had come too far to die in a place that didn't know his name. No, this would not be the end. Not here.
Mood: Fierce
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 2:57 am

Kasumi Asogi

"Got it, I think I've got just the technique for it too", Kasumi whispered back, sounding chipper despite how tired she was. Being able to help fight a strong opponent always brightened her mood, especially when it let her show off how strong she was.

As soon as they heard Hazumi's order to retreat the grunts ran for the cloud,  desperate not to allow their prey to escape and incur the wrath of their King. Like fools, two scurried inside, leaping without hesitation into the smoke in an attempt to grab them before they could flee. It was to little to late for them as Hazumi ignited the cloud, killing the poor grunts who had ventured inside instantly.

Howling in fury the remaining grunts charged as Hazumi began to counterattack with his chain again, battering and bludgeoning back their attacks. Kasumi ran up behind her partner and jumped up, springing off his shoulder to launch herself into the air, hurrying to perform all of her chakra signs as she did. Holding her hands above her head, lightning started to generate from the clouds above them, sizzling and crackling as Kasumi prepared her strongest lightning jutsu.

"Here goes! Lightning STOR-", Kasumi began but never finished as she quickly found a sole of a boot shove itself into her face. Blood sprayed from her nose as the kick propelled the crimson haired girl into the mountain side, crashing into the rocks and tumbling down the slope.
The Princess, who with blinding speed had been the one who spilt Kasumi's blood, landed at the base of the mountain and charged up the slope after her first kill. Kasumi had only just pushed herself back to her feet as she tried in vain to wipe away the blood that was gushing from her nose with the bandages she wrapped her forearms in. With a mighty roar the Princess grabbed the Niuweidao from her back and stabbed forward with the large sword, intent on severing Kasumi's spine with one swift strike.

Mustering what she could and in no mood to be defeated by the likes of some child, Kasumi rolled to the side as the blade speared into the rock like it was butter. Rolling back toward the sword, she grabbed the handle and used it to pull herself into a front flip, kneeing the Princess in the side of the face with all her might. The Princess was sent flying herself, flying over Hazumi's head, landing with a thud and rolling to a stop at the Wolf King's feet. Kasumi yanked the sword from the ground and inspected the finely grafted blade, blood still dripping persistantly from her nose as she slide down mountain side to rejoin Hazumi's position. The Princess stood up, rubbing her cheek, a look of wild savagery on her face as she saw her prized possession in the hands of Kasumi.

"You bitch! I will rip that sword from your cold dead hands... DO YOU HEAR ME!!", the Princess screamed as a blast of wind chakra erupted from her body.

The Wolf King smiled and caught Hazumi's eye contact with a shrug, "Kid's, am I right? Chiyo, you're up already, it looks like Akane's going to need a little bit of help".

"As you wish my King", Chiyo replied, pulling back the string of her empty bow. The instant the string drew all the way back, a trio of arrows made from chakra appeared. Making eye contact with Hazumi, she began to address her opponent for the first time, "Judging from your skill I have witnessed so far, I predict a 90% probability that you could dodge three of my arrows with relative ease. You seem to care for the red haired one though... I prey you taught her well..."

With a sudden change of angle, Chiyo fired the trio of arrows... But not at Hazumi, the arrows were aimed straight for Kasumi as Akane and what remained of the battered grunts charged Hazumi's position, swinging their weapons and claws alike, striking out with kicks and punches in an effort to take on the powerful Shinobi using superior numbers.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:17 am

Hazumi

Hazumi was breathing heavily. He was very tired from the entire day of traveling. He wiped his forehead. He would have to try and defeat what enemies were left in as few blows as he could. After all, if he only defeated them one at a time he wasn't going to stand a chance by the time that fatigue took him.

As Chiyo spoke, HAzumi saw what she was doing. The arrows were going right at Kasumi, the one that was less likely to dodge. Damn that woman, what kind of honor was this!? Hazumi had to move quickly. He turned and ran towards Kasumi. He got about halfway before firing out one of his chains, having the weapon wrap around Kasumi's waist before he yanked her away from the arrows, hopefully before any of them pierced her.

At the same time, Hazumi used his free hand to create several hand signs. He turned his head and took in a large breath of air before launching a fireball, one which was strengthened due to the recent use of Hazumi's smoke cloud. The remaining chakra was absorbed in to the fireball as Hazumi aimed it at the princess and what remaining grunts were charging forward.

This was bad though. Hazumi was now fighting while protecting Kasumi at the same time. If he couldn't kill them soon, he would run out of energy. If he was at full strength this fight would be very different, but Hazumi didn't dare use any A or S rank jutsu while he was like this. One of those might just force the Kounin to pass out from exhaustion.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi gasped as Hazumi's chains whipped themselves around her waist and yanked her out of harms way. A fourth arrow sailed through the air, this one made up of fire chakra, piercing through her forearm as Hazumi dragged Kasumi toward him, causing the kunoichi to drop Akane's sword as she was pulled into Hazumi's side. 

"I'm hit!", Kasumi informed Hazumi as she began taking the bandages off her left forearm. Kasumi started to wrap her fresh wound with the extra bandages to help stop the bleeding, it wasn't a perfect field dressing but it was all she had time to do as Hazumi lashed out with a fire ball at Akane and the grunts.

Doing his stern duty, one of the grunts shoved Akane out of the way as he took the full force of the fireball, screaming in agony as his body was set alight. Akane didn't seem to bothered by the fall of her comrade, and neither did the remaining wolves as they continued their charge. Akane deviated and skidded off to the side, grabbing her fallen sword before attacking the pair from behind with a forward thrust as the grunts came from the front, still not yet terrified to dye at Hazumi's hands.

Chiyo drew back her bow again as she analysed the foolishness of Akane's attack, seeing friendly casualties as a likely outcome. Careless little whelp, she thought to herself. As soon as the pair of humans dodged Akane's pathetic attempt at attack, she would utilize one of her wind arrows to strike them again. The Shinobi may have been fast enough to dodge her regular arrows, but she was curious to see how he faired against something as fast as those... Especially with his desperate efforts to defend his already injured lover.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 4:21 am

Hazumi

"She applies fire chakra in to the arrow...she was foolish. It cauterized the wound for you, you won't be bleeding out at least" Hazumi pointed out. He knew that it would do little comfort for her right now, but it was something. If she was bleeding out while they were fighting, their situation was going to be much worse. Hazumi thankfully saw the pincer attack coming as the princess charged in for her first kill. She was reckless, and Hazumi had seen recklessness before. It would do her little good.

Hazumi spun his wrists as his chain wrapped thickly around his left arm. He lifted his arm quickly to block the blade that Akane swung. He grinned as his strength was stronger than his own. Hazumi turned his head ever slightly as he saw the last grunt heading towards him. Hazumi once again performed a one handed sign as Kasumi would notice a sheen apply to his right chains. This was a technique she was all too familiar with. Hazumi swung his arm, his chain now sharpened as if it was a blade. The chain made contact as the wolf's head went easily separated from his body.

Hazumi's victory grin only lasted for a second, and then it hit him. The wind arrow pierced straight through his stomach and out his back, causing his eyes to widen in pain. He fell to his knees, as he was using what strength he had to keep Akane's blade away from him. "Get her!" Hazumi shouted as he motioned his head towards Akane. This girl was the Wolf King's daughter. If they had her, perhaps he'd back down after seeing the amount of death Hazumi had caused.

Hazumi was going to have to trust Kasumi, for all of his attention turned towards Chiyo. She was the real threat now, and he wasn't going to be able to take his eyes off of her, or they were both dead.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 5:19 am

Kasumi Asogi

"Mm, mhm", Kasumi replied, trying to put on a strong front for Hazumi. He wouldn't have been phased by an arrow like that and she refused to let it phase her too.
She watched, helpless as Hazumi dealt with their attacks by himself, blocking Akane's blow with ease as he seperated the last grunts head from his shoulders. The grunt's body fell to its knees as an arrow flew in so fast that Kasumi didn't even see it coming until it had already struck Hazumi. Kasumi fell to her knees with her lover as he crumpled in pain from the attack.

"Zumi-kun! No!", Kasumi yelled, tears welling up in her eyes at the sight of such a grave injury. Her hands pressed against the sides of her head as it all came flooding back, the doubt, the grief, the sadness, the loneliness. She could hear the voices of her critics shout loudly in her head as he mind twisted Hazumi's injury into her own negativity.

"Pathetic". "Worthless child". "Who the hell do you think you are?!". "YOU think you can stop US? Look at you!". "Silly little girl! Get out of my way!". "You can't avenge anything... You can't even save yourself!"

"... No", Kasumi said, shaking her head back and forth, "NoNoNoNo", she repeated before Hazumi's voice snapped her attention back, making her look up into his eyes as he gave her only one command.

"I'll will chop through your stupid arm and two you both as my first kills...", Akane roared in frustration, lifting her sword up as high was she could and swung it down with all her might, intending to break Hazumi's chains and cleave his arm off with them, "... YOU STUPID MONKEY'S!"

The blade stopped just before it struck Hazumi's arm as blood slowly trickled down Kasumi's arm, the blade embedded deep in the palm of her hand as she had caught it bare handed to Akane's shock. Kasumi stared up at the white haired girl, a foul look of unrepenting hatred adorned the features of her pretty face. The veins around her right eye pulses as her byakugan activated, her focus was clear and direct, Hazumi's orders pointing Kasumi's anger in the right direction. Kasumi lept up, kneeing the hilt of the sword, knocking it upward violently and opening Akane's guard effectively.

"Why? WHY AREN'T I ALLOWED TO BE HAPPY?!", Kasumi screamed at Akane as she kick the young woman away from her to put a little space between the wolf girl and Hazumi, "I won't fail another person I love... I WON'T FAIL! THUNDER KICK!", Kasumi's flying kick struck Akane square in the chest, before she stomped her other foot into the same spot. Kasumi struck the girl repeatedly before a thunder like clap rang out with her final stomp, the force of which sent Akane flying into the mountain side with so much force it caused a rock slide to drop on top of the girl as Chiyo stared in surprise as she drew back another wind arrow.

"What the hell got into her?!", the Wolf King asked as he watched his daughter fall to a mere human.

"... Does it matter? The results will still be the same", Chiyo quiped before firing an arrow at Kasumi as she charged in a blind rage at Chiyo, still screaming about her fears. Chiyo confidently fired an arrow, piercing Kasumi's shoulder blade... But not slowing the raging red head's advance down, "Still haven't gotten a clue, huh?"

Chiyo drew her bow back one more time and fired another arrow, sinking it through Kasumi's thigh and bringing her down to her knees again. Chiyo moved up as she loaded another arrow and aimed it at Kasumi's head, "Admirable... I'll grant you last words before you die"

"... Lightning storm", Kasumi whispered to Chiyo, who looked down at her confused.

"What did you say?", Chiyo asked, unsure of what she heard.

"I said... LIGHTNING STORM!", Kasumi roared, raising her hands in front of her face as the crackling, sizzling skies returned and rained down lightning strike after lightning strike onto Chiyo and the Wolf King. Chiyo's arrow flew through the blinding light and clouds of dust the attack generated as it carpet bombed the canine pair, the arrow piercing through Kasumi hand, the tip stopping a mere inch from her face.

Kasumi toppled over as her Byakugan gave way, her chakra close to exhausted as she gasped for air to refill her starved body. She reached a hand out toward Hazumi, a tender smile on her face as she saw he was still alive. Her hand wobbled for a second before it dropped back to the ground, her eyes closing and her body going limp as her injuries and low chakra finally got the better of her. Her chest lightly rose and fell at the very least, showing that she was still alive and at least breathing.

"... Well that was annoying", came Chiyo's voice as the dust around Kasumi's lightning storm finally cleared to reveal the two wolves unharmed.

"I must admit, the kids got spunk. If I hadn't put more power into the chakra shield then I had originally predicted we might have both fried, bwahahaha", the Wolf King laughed heartily, as if he was having the time of his life, "These two, I love 'em, best entertainment I've had all year!"

The rocks that had served as Akane tomb slowly shifted and were pushed aside as the wolf princess slowly climbed out of the rubble, bloodied and bleeding but still very much alive, "That fucking slut! HOW DARE SHE MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL!"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 5:43 am

Hazumi

A single arrow piercing Hazumi's chest was only enough to slow him down, but it wasn't enough to kill him. With Kasumi going on her rampage, it allowed Hazumi the time to do what he needed. He applies heat chakra in to his two wounds, closing the wounds and stopping the bleeding with ease. He wasn't going to bleed out now despite the pain. He was going to keep fighting.

Hazumi watched in amazement as Kasumi gained the strength and bravery to use some of the most powerful jutsu he had ever seen her perform. It was incredible, and he only watched with amazement at her skill...and fear as the arrows kept penetrating her. She was going to die now unless Hazumi could stop it. "You've done your part my love, leave the rest to me" Hazumi said as he reached out and touched Kasumi's hand once before she passed out.

As the wolf trio started to regroup, they would see Hazumi standing up. "Didn't think I was dead yet did you?" Hazumi asked with a smile before reaching in to his satchel. "You know I hate using these because of how they make me feel afterwards...but now, in this unfair fight I think it'll be perfect for me" Hazumi said as he pulled up three orbs. They were soldier pills, and Hazumi downed all three in a single fight. He felt the energy starting to flow through him as his chakra was returned to him. Yes, that was the feeling he needed.

"You want a fight, I'll show you a fight with an alpha shinobi. You and your clan won't be hurting anyone ever again. You face your match against Hazumi!" the shinobi shouted as he lashed out both of his chains. He unraveled them fully as Hazumi went in to what he called his "long range mode". In this form, he often used his chains in conjunction with his jutsus to devastating effect. They had fought him while he was weak, but now it was time for them to see what he could really do.

Hazumi gripped his chain and started to spin in in front of him, the chain moving lick a clock in a circle, going faster and faster until a red glow started to form in a circle in front of him. "Crashing Fire Storm!" Hazumi shouted as a beam of concentrated heat blasted out in front of him. This was an S rank techinque that Hazumi had developed himself. It was made from the hottest concentration of fire chakra he could muster through his chains. He fired it straight at the Wolf King and his damn archer. Even if they survived, they would see that where there had one been snow, now there was only ash and cinders.

They had played with fire, time to get burned.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 6:38 am

Kasumi Asogi

"Oh come on!", Akane yelled as Hazumi got back up, seemingly intent on continuing the fight, "Can you people just die already?!"

"Patience Akane, their fate is already sealed", Chiyo replied arrogantly as she drew back the string of her bow.

The Wolf King on the other hand stared at Hazumi with the most serious expression he had shown since he had revealed himself, as he watch the Shinobi eat the three soldier pills with a looked of irritation. The young women may have been to cocky, but the King himself wasn't going to be so easily made a fool by his own arrogance. He lifted his arm and pointed at Akane as she started to move forward to join the fight again.

"Stay right where you are! You've had your chance and failed!", the Wolf King growled, his words hitting Akane like a tonne of bricks, as if his words had hurt her spirit more then anything Hazumi or Kasumi had done to her so far. Come on Mister Hazumi Shinobi, show me your true power, the Wolf King thought with an excited smirk on his face, unable to wait to see what the human was capable of.

When the attack was launched, not even the Wolf King had been prepared for the might though. 
The arrows that Chiyo fired were instantly swallowed up like they were nothing before it slammed into the canine pair. The Wolf King held out both hands and caught the beam, struggling against it to try and push it back. The attack would budge and the more he tried, the more the Wolf King failed. His eyes wide with surprise, the attack started to bulge around his claws as he couldn't stop its expansion.

"NO WAY!", the Wolf King yelled before the beam of heat exploded and engulfed the entire area around the pair.

The fires raged and ash fell for several minutes before a shadowy figure started to become visible in the raging inferno where the Wolf King and Chiyo had been standing. It slowly moved forward out of the flames to reveal itself as the King, dragging Chiyo's black charred corpse with him, dumping it just out front of the firestorm. The king wasn't in very good shape either, numerous burns seered his skin, his clothing and armour heavily damaged, but the most notable was the loss of his left arm, which had been blasted away and cauterized instantly.

"... Chiyo? Daddy?", Akane shouted, falling to her knees in defeat as she waited for a response from her father. She slowly began to sob as she came to the realisation she had never thought possible. 

"You...", the Wolf King spat, pointing his clawed finger at Hazumi, "... You murdered someone who had loyally served me during my reign since she was but a child. You trespass on our land, you kill my men, you kill my lieutenant, you harm my daughter and you rob me of my arm?! AND YOU THINK THAT THIS WAS THE BEST PLAN YOU HAD?! PISSING ME OFF?!", the King yelled as the ground started to shake and split underneath Hazumi, seemingly from the King's sheer anger as he stalked forward.

"I liked you both, it did not need to end this way. But now, death... Is no longer good enough for either of you", the Wolf King roared as he came up beside Kasumi, looking down on her with an evil sneer. Grabbing her by the throat with his remaining arm, he lifted her up off the ground, the difference in height between them meant Kasumi hang a full foot from the ash and cinder the ground had become, "You will surrender as my prisoner... Or I will snap this ones neck like a twig. If you defy me even once, I won't just kill her... I'll make you watch as she suffers every agony known to man. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!", the Wolf King roared as he motioned for Akane to come forth and secure the prisoners before raising his leg up and kicking it out to knock Hazumi to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 6:56 am

Hazumi

Soldier pills were capable of providing a soldier with a burst of chakra, but it didn't replace good rest and sleep. Using an S-ranked jutsu after swallowing the three pills was possible, but Hazumi felt the strain on his body. He was breathing heavily again, but a large smile was on his face as he saw the ash storm that was in front of him.

That smile left as he saw movement though. "No...that's impossible" Hazumi said to himself as the Wolf King emerged once again. Sure, the guy looked like he had been beaten to hell and back, but the fact that he had survived a direct hit from such an attack stunned Hazumi. It was one of, if not his most powerful moves. If the Wolf King could survive that, what the hell was he?

"NO!" Hazumi shouted as the King grabbed Kasumi and lifted her up. He was too weak to move, too weak to fight back again. He had given it his all, but the numbers and the sheer might were too much for them. If he wanted to save Kasumi, he had to play by this man's rules now. "Okay...okay, you win," Hazumi said before getting on to his knees and putting his hands behind his head. "I will be your prisoner"

Hazumi fell to the ground and didn't even try and fight back when the King just kicked him. Whatever bindings or restraints they wished to use, he would allow. If he fought back, the King was just going to kill them. There only hope was to stay as prisoners and just maybe...they would find a way to escape. For now though, they had lost this fight.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

.: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next