Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Nico Minoru

"Even so, I'd still have to go to an actual driving school, right?" Nico asked. "You know, frightening road practice with an instructor yelling at you, dozens of boring hours in a classroom, learning road rules that barely anyone follows, and all that good stuff? You know, part of me kind of just wants to stick with public transportation." She stifled a laugh under her breath, leaning forward against the table. She rested her chin on her hand and gave Neal a smile. "Movies sound cool, though. Maybe you could bring some by our place and we could all watch them together? Molly loves movies, and she's as behind as I am. Karolina, too, I'm sure she'd like that. Though, I can't say I see Rose as much of a sit still and watch a movie kind of person..."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:44 pm

"You got me on that one," Neal admitted as he thought about how annoying some teachers and some of the lessons were. How hard could they beat in to your head just how dangerous a car was? It wasn't like Neal planned on driving his vehicle over a volcano or something like that! "No I can't say I blame you at all."

As Nico talked about the movies, Neal gave a strong laugh when Rose was brought up. "Yeah, she definitely isn't. She made that very clear the first time that I met her," Neal said as he recalled how that day had gone. God that had been one hell of an awful day. "Still, maybe if she was with Karolina she'd act differently. Those two seemed to have become good friends since they met."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Nico Minoru

"Yeah, they have," Nico said, thinking calmly about it. "I'm actually kind of surprised... Rose is the complete opposite of Karolina, yet they get along so well. I am grateful, though... I mean, we're close and all, pretty much like sisters, but ever since the whole Xavin thing she's really been shutting herself off. But when she's around Rose... well, I can kind of see that old spark back in her, you know? She seems... really happy."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:50 pm

"Rose...has a strange effect on people," Neal admitted as he thought back to his own times with Rose. "She's kind of like a wrecking ball, but when she realizes that people need her she changes drastically. It's hard to explain, but it's there," Neal admitted as he thought of a better way to explain it. "It's strange. Would you believe that the first day I met Rose she was chased by a cop and I took her back to my house only to have her steal my car?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:53 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico blinked a couple of times at Neal's statement, then abruptly burst out laughing, very nearly spraying a mouthful of iced tea back over the table. Fortunately, she managed to hold it down. "Oh my g- seriously? I mean, I'd say I was surprised, but I'm really not, considering who it is... but really? She was being chased by the police and you took her back home? And then she stole you car? And now she's you friend and living in your house?" Uttering another disbelieving laugh, she slumped back into her seat and shook her head. "Man, some weird kind of crap must have happened there."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 pm

"Yeah, there's a long story to that," Neal admitted as he scratched the back of his head. Even he had to admit that as he heard it that it sounded completely insane. Still, he and Rose had been through a lot together and so it was good that they stayed together. Neal had no idea what he would have done about Deadshot if Rose hadn't been able to help him. For all he knew, he'd likely be dead.

"I'll have to tell you the full story sometime," Neal added before taking a long drink of his pink lemonade. "I hope I'm not boring you with all this talk?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:02 am

Nico Minoru

"Are you kidding? Boring me?" Nico laughed again, sitting up straighter. "I haven't been this entertained in a conversation in a long time. Granted, when most of your conversations the past couple of years have been mostly sad, depressing, or about where you going next, there isn't a lot of competition, but still. Stop worrying so much, I'm having a good time. I wouldn't have agreed to come out on a date with you if you didn't interest me, Neal."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:05 am

Well, that was probably the best way to comfort a guy who thought that he was doing terribly wasn't it? Neal's smile immediately broadened as he couldn't help but feel better already. "Fair enough," Neal said as he gave a nod of his head. He turned his head and saw something coming though. "Looks like food is on the way," he said as the waiter came back and delivered the food that they had ordered.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:22 am

Nico Minoru

"Oh, awesome," Nico said, when she saw the food on the way. Her stomach was starting to growl something fierce, and she could really use a nice large dinner right about now. When her platter was set down in front of her she took a deep breath through her nose, mouth already salivating at the smell. "This place never gets old."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:23 am

"You're telling me, and I've been coming here ten years before you even showed up," Neal said jokingly as he quickly grabbed a spoon and took a little sip of the lobster chowder. The flavor that he was met with was captivating. "Oh my god," he said as he set his spoon down. "That, is incredible already."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Nico Minoru

"Well, here's to a good meal," Nico said, as she carefully began to eat her dinner. She started with the scallops, then moved on to the fried fish and calamari, sprinkling a little lemon juice over everything. She had never had seafood this delicious before.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:02 pm

As they kept eating, Neal would occasionally glance up at Nico as he tried to debate about what to say or ask. He really didn't want to make things any harder on her, even though she had said that she was already enjoying herself on this date. It still made Neal nervous, as he wanted Nico to have a great time. He especially wanted her to if she hadn't dated in such a while.

"If you feel like doing something simple," Neal began, "We could always just head back to my place after our walk. Like I said, I have a lot of movies that you can catch up on."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico raised an eyebrow at Neal after she swallowed a gulp of iced tea. "Just head back to your place, huh?" She leaned forward a little and pointed her fork at him accusingly. "That isn't your subtle way of trying to sleep with me on the first date, is it?" She'd meant it as a joke, of course... but she had never been good at making jokes.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:26 pm

It was also a bad joke to make when a guy was currently chewing on some shellfish. The moment that Nico finished her sentence, Neal took in a sharp breath of air and started to lightly choke. Sadly, it made a bit of a scene as he coughed and cleared his throat until he was able to breathe again. When his life was no longer in danger he looked up at Nico. "Wha? I would never do that? I mean, that would be rude and all," he said as he was talking way faster than normal. "And you know I like you too much to do something like that."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:28 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico snorted out a laugh as Neal started choking and began to ramble at about a thousand words a minute. Clearly he had not detected the joke behind her words... not that that was surprising, though, since it wasn't nearly as funny as she had thought in her head. "You mean you like me too much to sleep with me? That logic sounds a little backwards, but then again I've been out of the game a long time. Maybe I'm missing something."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:32 pm

"Well...no, that's not what I mean at all," Neal said as he felt like he was on the defensive. "I mean that I like you too much to sleep with you on the first date. In general, I'd probably be more than happy, I'm sure you're terrific," Neal said as he kept thinking that Nico was being very serious about this whole thing. Course, he had no idea how big of an idiot he was going to look like once Nico revealed what she was doing. "So yeah, please don't be offended by that."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Nico Minoru

"Ahhh, I see now," Nico said, nodding slowly with a very serious, matter of fact expression. "And here I was actually going to say okay, let's go back to your place, but since you like me too much..." She gave a simple shrug and finished the last of her scallops, washing it down with the last sip of iced tea, and then added, "I guess we'll have to just take a walk."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:37 pm

Neal ended up just staring at Nico as she finished off the last of her food and spoke up about what she was saying. Now that Neal wasn't choking on a piece of fish he was able to scout the situation a little bit better. He took the last bit of his soup before setting the bowl down. "Wait a minute....you were messing with me weren't you?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Nico Minoru

"Oh yeah," she said, leaning back in her seat with her arms folded. She crossed one leg over the other and tried to stifle her laughter. "Big time."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Neal was only barely able to stop laughing himself as he realized how the situation must have looked from Nico's point of view. He put his face in his hand and just let out a few chuckles before glancing up again. "Just sounded a bit like a crazy person there didn't I?" he asked as he held that smile. "Hope you won't hold that against me?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Nico Minoru

"I wouldn't call it crazy," Nico said, tapping her finger gently against her chin. "Was actually kind of cute, watching you babble like an idiot for a few minutes. Got me a good laugh at least." She chuckled under her breath again, then let out a quick breath of satisfaction. "Well, I'm full. Ready to get out of here soon?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 pm

"Well, glad to know that I'm good for that still," Neal said with a laugh before eating the last few bites of the lobster that came on his plate. Afterwards he quickly downed the pink lemonade before pulling out his wallet and throwing enough money, plus tip, before standing up. "Yeah I think I'm good, let's get going," he said as he was trying to put his overreacting behind him now.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:53 pm

Nico Minoru

"I really do like the summer," Nico said, as they headed down the sidewalk. Though it was already night, it was still at least seventy degrees out. Not too hot, but still enough to go out in a t-shirt and shorts if you wanted. It wasn't muggy, either, which only made the weather that much more comfortable. "It also helps Gotham look a little less... grave-like, than in the winter. I've been noticing that these past few months. Almost the entire east part of the city is like a cesspool of crime, isn't it? Every time I turn on the news, there's been a murder, or a robbery, or a drug bust, or something about the mob."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am

Neal glanced over at Neal as she spoke about Gotham and her thoughts on the weather. "Yeah...not really sure why Gotham's so popular for crime," Neal admitted as they kept walking. "Especially given the number of crazies that live here. God you should see them all, Rose and I had an encounter with one freak a few months back," Neal said as he thought back to the time when they were nearly killed by Black Mask.

"You'll get used to it eventually, as bad as that sounds," Neal added before looking over at Nico. "I guess that's one of the reasons that I'm helping Batman. It's the only way that I can really help my own city."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Nico Minoru

"It's definitely unlike any other city I've been to," Nico said, as she took a long look around the surrounding neighborhood. Fortunately, it didn't look as bad here as, say, the East End, where crime practically ruled the streets. She had learned pretty quick to steer clear of that area. Not that she couldn't handle herself, of course, but it was still a hassle that she didn't want to deal with. "So you lived here your entire life?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next